Original Cozi TV Shows Celebrate Black Music Month
NBC-owned multicast network Cozi TV will commemorate Black Music Month with the premiere of new, original short-form vignettes featured in a week of curated programming, complete with cameo appearances from some of black music’s most iconic artists. The celebration runs from June 19 through June 23.
Famous black artists such as James Brown, Isaac Hayes and Little Richard made memorable appearances on episodes of Cozi TV shows including Miami Vice, The A-Team and Baywatch. The original vignettes feature hip-hop and pop culture influencers discussing their TV performances as well as their musical and societal contributions.
Commentators in the segments include Angela Yee, host of WWPR-FM New York’s The Breakfast Club; Janine Rubenstein, music reporter for People; music producer DJ Clark Kent and journalist Alicia Quarles.
The vignettes will be showcased within COZI TV’s curated episodes and will also live on COZITV.com with additional and extended versions that discuss the evolution of black music and its mark on pop culture.
The curated episodes will air at the following times:
- June 19, 10 p.m.: The A-Team, “A Lease With An Option” featuring Della Reese
- June 20, 11 p.m.: Miami Vice, “Missing Hours” featuring James Brown
- June 21, 11 p.m.: Miami Vice, “Bought and Paid For” featuring El DeBarge
- June 22, 10 p.m.: The A-Team, “The Heart of Rock N’ Roll” featuring Rick James & Isaac Hayes
- June 22, Midnight: Baywatch, “The Runaways” Short featuring Little Richard
- June 23, 11 p.m.: Miami Vice, “Florence, Italy” featuring The Fat Boys