The trade group’s chairman and CEO of Nexstar Media Group says “local broadcast television remains the most powerful place to be within the media and advertising ecosphere. Our local news programming touches the daily lives of our viewers and connects people to their communities.”
At today’s TVB Forward conference in New York, TVB Chairman Perry A. Sook highlighted the strength of the local broadcast television industry and the many advantages the industry provides to business owners, brands and marketers in reaching and influencing consumers, as well as the industry’s leading ability to connect with local communities in times of need and to deliver trusted news.
Sook is the founder, president and CEO of Nexstar Media Group. Highlights of his opening comments include:
- “Our strong local platforms command the greatest share of audience reach within a market — and as the most trusted medium among viewers, with a brand safe environment, and with the greatest influence on consumer purchasing and voting decisions — local broadcast television continues to be the leading provider of ROI-driven marketing solutions for brand managers, advertisers and political campaigns.”
- “Our local news programming touches the daily lives of our viewers and connects people to their communities. Our stations’ journalists, anchors and employees live and work in the local markets they serve. For that reason, our viewers have closer relationships with our local brands and a high-level of trust in our content. We tell local stories that matter — and now more than ever — audiences rely on our stations to deliver balanced, accurate and timely news coverage.”
- “In times of emergency, our local stations also take the lead, serving as relied upon resources for essential, lifesaving news broadcast over-the-air and delivered online through our web and mobile apps. When crisis strikes our communities— local broadcasters will always answer the call.”
- “The TVB 2017 Purchase Funnel study, conducted by GfK, confirmed once again that for all age demographics, including millennials, television continues to be the most important influencer across all stages of the funnel, from consumer awareness through actual purchase.”
- “The 2016 Voter Funnel study, conducted by Morning Consult, found that television was the most influential medium at every stage of the voter decision-making process in ten key swing states. In short, no other medium comes close to TV in terms of influencing decisions and delivering positive outcomes for advertisers and political campaigns.”
- “The combination of our unique, locally-produced video content, married with marquee national content, is an unbeatable value proposition for viewers. And, the unmatched credibility of our local platforms enables us – better than any other medium – to help local and national businesses sell products and services and political campaigns to get their messages out to their constituents.”
- “To remain the number one choice across all screens and devices, we must come together as an industry to develop standards-based open APIs, and implement new processes to meet the rapidly changing needs and demands of our viewers and clients. We must also advance the way we transact business by creating a more efficient marketplace for advertisers to access spot inventory in a manner that is cost effective for the buyer, while maintaining the value and integrity of our product.”
Read all of TVNewsCheck’s TVB Forward 2017 coverage here.