The western sports and lifestyle network from Rural Media Group is now available in more than 30 million homes.
The Cowboy Channel, a 24-hour multicast network dedicated to western sports and the western lifestyle, debuted on DirecTV ch. 603 on Dec. 27.
With this addition, The Cowboy Channel is now distributed by all major MSOs including Dish Network (ch. 232), AT&T U-Verse (ch. 566), Suddenlink (ch. 365), Verizon FiOS (ch. 246), Charter Spectrum, Cox, Comcast, Mediacom, and many rural cable systems. In addition, The Cowboy Channel can also be streamed via Sling TV’s Heartland Extra package.
Headquartered in the Fort Worth Stockyards, The Cowboy Channel features content focused on rodeo, bull riding, roping, reining, barrel racing, and other western sports anchor, along with western fashion, music and movies. The lineup also features a wide variety of “live” coverage from major western events showcasing the world’s toughest and most talented cowboys, cowgirls and bull riders.
The Cowboy Channel is owned by Rural Media Group, which also owns RFD-TV, Rural Radio on SiriusXM and RFD-TV The Magazine.
“We are extremely pleased with the traction that The Cowboy Channel is getting both with distributors and viewers less than 6 months after launch,” said Patrick Gottsch, TCC founder and president. “Research showed a demand and void for a channel devoted to western sports. The Cowboy Channel fits perfectly with RFD-TV, and this second channel gives us the opportunity to really expand content for all that encompasses the western lifestyle.”
Key programming on The Cowboy Channel includes:
- Western Sports Round-Up — News, interviews and features focused on western sports in a daily, one-hour live broadcast. Hosted by Steve Kenyon & Amy Wilson.
- The American — Live coverage of the world’s richest one-day rodeo from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Cowboy Christmas — A daily three-hour broadcast live from the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas for 10 days each December featuring news and interviews recapping the competition.
- Debbe Dunning’s Dude Ranch Round-Up — Features a different dude ranch each week with the former “Tool Time” girl, Debbe Dunning, from Home Improvement.
- John Wayne Theatre — Classic westerns starring “The Duke” and hosted by the Wayne family.
- Rodeo Tonight — Live coverage from around the U.S. and Canada and many of the rodeos taking place each weekend throughout the summer.