On The IBC Exhibit Floor: Matrox
Matrox | Stand 7.B15| www.matrox.com
Matrox will present a full range of products that power today’s most demanding broadcast media and entertainment workflows.
Show highlights include:
- Matrox Monarch LCS and Monarch HDX streaming and recording encoder appliances demonstrating simple, production-level webcasting to popular social media and content delivery network (CDN) platforms.
- Matrox X.mio5 Q25 SMPTE ST 2110 network interface controller (NIC) cards driving a variety of IP-based platforms for emerging 4K/UHD workflows, both in the Matrox booth as well as in the IP Showcase (rooms E106/E107).
- Matrox M264 H.264 codec cards providing multi-channel Sony XAVC and Panasonic AVC-Ultra encoding and decoding for 4K and HDR live productions.
- The unveiling of several new products including a 4K encoder for web contribution and remote integration (REMI) applications and two 12G SDI cards for high-density, multi-channel 4K workflows.
- Matrox Maevex 6120 and Maevex 6150 enterprise encoders showcasing game-changing, multi-4K streaming and recording, and Matrox Extio 3 IP KVM extenders exhibiting exceptional extension and switching.
Matrox Monarch LCS video encoding appliances make live webcasting simple, delivering high-quality streams to Facebook Live, YouTube, or content delivery networks (CDNs) with multi-camera production value. Before the event, set the production layout and delivery settings, then, when ready to start, simply connect live sources—camera or computer—to the inputs and begin the webcast with a single push of a button, without further operator assistance.
Matrox Monarch HDX dual-channel H.264 encoders feature 3G SDI and HDMI inputs with frame synchronization to compensate for any discontinuity at the source. A versatile appliance, Monarch HDX is ideal for a variety of broadcast workflows, including webcasting to YouTube or Facebook Live while simultaneously streaming or recording to a second location.
Expanding on the award-winning Monarch streaming and recording product line, the new multi-channel and 4K-capable H.264 encoding appliance will encode and transport pristine-quality, 4:2:2 10-bit video at very low latencies. From a small, low-powered device, any production requiring live contribution or remote production feeds from the field can do so with minimal bandwidth and without sacrificing quality.
Matrox’s upcoming 12G SDI I/O cards will enable never-before-seen, high-density 4K workflows to meet the increasing demand for multi-4K support. Coupled with the award-winning Matrox X.mio5 Q25 NIC card — featuring 25GbE and 10GbE interfaces for SMPTE ST 2110 I/O from HD to 4K, with zero CPU usage — these latest additions add to the industry’s most diverse selection of SMPTE ST 2110 and SDI hardware for OEMs.
Matrox SMPTE ST 2110-compliant IP cards boast multi-channel, IP-encapsulated HD and 3G video I/O with onboard processing and up to 12 reconfigurable SDI I/Os supporting SD through 4K/UHD resolutions.
Matrox M264 codec cards offer high-density H.264 encoding and decoding from HD to 4K. The M264 family supports multi-channel 4K production codecs, including Sony XAVC and Panasonic AVC-Ultra with HDR metadata, and up to 30 channels of AVC-Intra for HD. Taking advantage of the IP infrastructure, OEMs can combine M264 with X.mio5 Q25 cards to build powerful broadcast encoding, decoding, and server applications with unprecedented I/O density for HD, 3G, and 4K in a single PC platform.
Matrox Maevex 6120 and Maevex 6150 multi-channel 4K enterprise encoders allow for the simultaneous capture, streaming, and recording of up to four 4K inputs. These powerful all-in-one appliances can feed cloud-based servers to reach internet viewers, push many streams over LAN for audiences on-premises, and record to local or network storage for later editing and viewing, concurrently. The Panopto-certified Matrox Maevex 6020 Remote Recorder meanwhile, supports dual Full HD channels of live video, with up to five recordings of different qualities per channel for the Panopto video platform.
Matrox Extio 3 IP KVM extenders deliver exceptional 4Kp60 4:4:4 or quad 1080p60 4:4:4 performance over a standard 1GbE network at unprecedentedly low bitrates. Extio 3 cards and appliances work with COTS network switches, significantly diminishing the total cost of ownership to deliver a scalable KVM matrix-switching solution over IP.
Read all of TVNewsCheck’s IBC 2018 news here.