Amino To Highlight Next-Gen Delivery Solutions
Amino, a global media and entertainment technology solutions provider, will showcase its next-generation solutions portfolio at IBC 2019 (Sept. 13-17, RAI Amsterdam), enabling pay-TV operators to meet today’s market conditions and the demands of the modern TV consumer.
Donald McGarva, Amino’s CEO, said: “In today’s highly competitive media market operators need to adopt smart and cost-effective strategies which deliver cutting-edge viewing experiences. IBC 2019 is the perfect opportunity for operators to learn how Amino can help them leverage Android TV, advanced management tools and the upcycling of existing set-tops to both reduce OPEX and provide exciting next generation video experiences.”
At this year’s IBC, Amino will host briefings in The IABM Lounge exploring its operator-ready Android TV solutions and will discuss:
Operational Agility: Learn how AminoOS gives operators increased flexibility to deliver the video services their subscribers want. AminoOS integrates with leading OTT app providers and middleware solutions like MOBITV, Tivo, Espial, Minerva etc.
Upcycling: Enabling operators to create new and compelling video services through software upgrades to already deployed set-top boxes, AminoOS provides a smart, cost-effective strategy for operators looking to solve legacy issues and deliver modern TV experiences.
Service Assurance: AminoOS Engage service assurance management tools enable operators to efficiently and proactively support and improve quality of service across any network by solving configuration issues remotely, preventing truck rolls and reducing OPEX.
2nd Generation AndroidTV devices: Amino VU Amlogic powered devices will provide increased processing power, higher capacity SD cards and USB 3.0 support – enhancing device capabilities for both linear and streaming app services.
In addition, following its recent acquisition by Amino, the 24i business unit will demonstrate the combination of its Next Generation video experience management platform and Amino TV to deliver Live VOD and EPG content across iOS, Android, Web and Android TV at IBC 2019 (#14.G04).
Also on show from 24i are:
- Android launcher video experiences for live content and EPG.
- Real-world deployment of 24i SmartOTT and Backstage products by operator and broadcaster customers, including Slovak Telecom, NPO, iflix, KPN, PureFlix, RTE, NLZIET, Fox Sports, Globo and Sinclair Broadcasting Services.
- Gathering metadata with Microsoft Video Indexer, powered by the 24i BackStage to create hyper-personalised video. experiences for viewers
- Examples of how to integrate voice into video experiences
- HbbTV TV portal including rich EPG, Archive, Live TV and TV Games running from its HbbTV Playout KIT.
There is further information on 24i at IBC here.
For more IBC 2019 coverage, click here.