Virtual NAB Show Set For May 13-14
NAB Show Express, what the association is describing as a “digital experience” to replace the pandemic-canceled NAB Show in Las Vegas, will take place May 13-14. The association says the “dynamic platform is free and designed to engage the NAB Show community by offering 24-hour access to premium content curated and customizable for the global media and entertainment community.”
NAB Show Express offers three educational channels, on-demand content and an exclusive Solutions Marketplace featuring exhibitor product information, announcements and demos.
Registration for the event will open on April 20 at NABShowExpress.com.
Powered by Brightcove Inc. and Frequency, NAB Show Express will comprise three education channels designed to mirror traditional NAB Show experiences. These are:
- BEIT Express, a channel focused on broadcast engineering and information technology.
- NAB Show Experience, offering a variety of educational sessions, product innovation showcases, and interviews with industry trailblazers.
- Tech Talks, an NAB Show Live Special Edition, produced by Broadcast Beat and showcasing relevant conversations with NAB Show community influencers.
Each channel will feature eight hours of content streamed daily and available on-demand to accommodate the global NAB Show audience. NAB Show Express will also offer NAB Show’s signature podcast, exploring relevant themes and featuring prominent speakers.
The digital platform will feature more than 100 educational sessions, including interactive panels and select sessions originally slated for NAB Show in Las Vegas, such as NAB President-CEO Gordon Smith’s State of the Industry address.
Education partners include the Advanced Imaging Society, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Broadcast Education Association, Future Media Conferences, #GALSNGEAR, Hollywood Professional Association, International Trade Association for Broadcast and Media Technology Suppliers, the North American Broadcasters Association and Society of Broadcast Engineers, among others.
The free NAB Show Express Solutions Marketplace will offer exhibitor profiles, company-hosted events, press conferences and special offers for those interested in exploring new products and exhibitor news. Resources, such as industry-related white papers, articles, webinars, guides and research reports, will also be available for those who register.
Additionally, NAB Show Express will feature three standalone training and executive leadership events for which separate registrations will be available soon. They are:
- Executive Leadership Summit (May 11), produced in partnership with Variety.
- Cybersecurity & Content Protection Summit (May 12), produced in partnership with Content Delivery & Security Association and Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (registration fees apply).
- Post | Production World Online (May 17 – 19), produced in partnership with Future Media Conferences (registration fees apply).