Ad-supported multimedia Web site ShowBuzz will draw on resources of CBS news and brands in the entertainment industry.
CBS Digital Media, a division of CBS Corp., today launched ShowBuzz, a one-stop online destination for entertainment news and services (www.theshowbuzz.com).
The multimedia site launches with what CBS calls “perhaps the deepest and richest entertainment news and services available anywhere on the Internet.” It will be constantly updated and will include on-demand broadband video as well as entertainment “interactives” and graphic elements such as photos, maps, blogs and timelines.
ShowBuzz will feature a combination of originally-produced content and breaking news stories as well as interviews or footage that originated from CBS properties such as CBSNews.com, CBS.com, The Early Show and 60 Minutes. Through partnerships, Showbuzz will also include content and services provided others, including The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, The Book Standard, MovieTickets.com, Broadway.com and others.
“With ShowBuzz, we have created a robust Web site that delivers more entertainment news, more broadband video and images and more local services than any other website out there,” said Larry Kramer, President, CBS Digital Media. “Utilizing all of the resources in our arsenal, ShowBuzz will be for entertainment news what CBSNews.com is for general 24-hour news.”
The launch of the ad-supported Web site has been pre-sold to two co-sponsors. Each sponsorship position is “session based” meaning that only one advertiser will be featured throughout the site for any given user session or visit.
The website currently includes nine main sections: People, Style, Movies, Music, Television, Comedy, Games, Theater and Books. Within these sections, users will find
rich broadband video, photo essays and content such as breaking news, features, celebrity gossip, red carpet arrivals, movie reviews and trailers as well as services allowing consumers to buy movie or Broadway tickets, get local concert information, view Billboard music charts or television listings and get soap opera recaps.
Details on the nine sections include:
- PEOPLE: This section will give fans the latest scoop from upcoming projects to the latest hookups of the biggest stars. Users will find subsections such as “Milestones,” “In Hot Water,” “Royalty,” Gossip Links and Blogs.
- STYLE: This section provides a 360-degree guide to all things lifestyle-related, such as the latest fashion trends and looks from your favorite designer, expert beauty tips and recipes from the top celebrity chefs. Users will also find information on art, architecture, shopping tips and more.
- MOVIES: This is where movie buffs can find the latest in reviews, trailers, theater locations and the ability to buy tickets. Movie-related news will include reports from the film festivals, the Oscars, red carpet premieres and more.
- MUSIC: Music lovers will find the information on the tour dates for their favorite bands, new release information and reviews, easy access to the music charts, interviews with their favorite artists and more.
- TELEVISION: This section will offer viewers a complete guide to the world of television including the latest programming lineup, exclusive video as well as the ability to interact with other daytime or reality loyalists. Users will find a television ratings guide, Emmy news, soap recaps and more.
- COMEDY: This section will include cartoons, jokes, clips from late-night comedians, interviews with sitcom stars and more.
- GAMES: Gamers will find reviews, expert GameCore columns and the best selection of online games for players at all levels.
- THEATER: Theater buffs will find in-depth coverage of the stars on and off Broadway, get the latest news and be able to buy tickets.
- BOOKS: This section will include interviews with various authors, bestseller lists, news from the publishing world, photos of book signings and book festivals and excerpts from new works of fiction and nonfiction.