Organizations recognized for coverage of cultural diversity.
The Radio-Television News Directors Association today announced the winners of the 7th Annual RTNDA/UNITY Awards.
The RTNDA/UNITY Awards were developed by RTNDA and UNITY: Journalists of Color, as part of their commitment to achieve diversity in the newsroom through developing news content and editorial staffs that reflect the changing face of America.
Five news organizations are being recognized for their ongoing commitment to covering the cultural diversity of the communities they serve.
- ABC News, for ABC News Primetime: Family Lost, Family Found (network).
- WOOD-TV Grand Rapids, Mich., for Race in Reality (large market).
- KTUU-TV Anchorage, Alaska, for Toothaches & Heartaches (small market).
- Wisconsin Public Radio: WERN-FM Madison, Wis., for The Hmong-American Experience (large market).
- KNAU-FM Flagsaff, Ariz., for Indian Country News Bureau (small market).
The awards will be presented at the RTNDA Awards Dinner on Oct. 16, 2006, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York.