Imagine Comm. Intros ICE Broadcast System 4.0
Imagine Communications, a provider of advanced digital video solutions, announced version 4.0 of its ICE Broadcast System, an upgrade to its video processing platform. Imagine plans to demonstrate ICE Broadcast System 4.0 at NCTA’s The Cable Show in Chicago, June 14-16, in booth ES-55.
The ICE Broadcast System platform is a multi-codec, multi-rate, multi-resolution video processing platform that serves thousands of live streams to more than half of all U.S. digital cable subscribers. Version 4.0 is planned for initial deployments in June with several North American service providers for IPTV, broadcast multiplexing and switched digital video staging.
System 4.0’s features include:
- Increased Flexibility & Interoperability — Multi-codec audio and video transcoding, allows service providers to receive content in any format and distribute across their network in any format (any-to-any audio and video conversion).
- Sharper Pictures and Lower Bit-Rates — ICE Illustrate filters reduce random signals and preserve and enhance important visual details.
- Mobile and Internet De-Interlacing — The ICE platform’s unique hybrid architecture leverages MAPA (Motion Adaptive Pixel Accurate) de-interlacing technology.
- High Reliability and Density — The ICE Broadcast System is available on a carrier-class blade system chassis with resiliency redundancy systems. It is also available on a high-density 1 RU (rack unit) platform capable of delivering up to 8 HD (high definition) or 32 SD (standard definition) video channels.
- Operational Savings — Since digital broadcasting of HD and SD services occupies a relatively large part of an operator’s available spectrum, the ICE Broadcast System lets service providers cost-effectively deliver up to 50% more HD programming without sacrificing video quality.