A new platform from Critical Media makes every word spoken during broadcasts keyword-searchable within moments of airtime.
Critical Media today debuted Critical ID, a new platform that lets TV and radio broadcasters digitally monitor their as-aired content from anywhere in the world. Stations will be able to log on to the service and watch or search their just-aired broadcast programming, set-up automated “as-aired” occurrence detection reports and monitor their content.
“It’s become almost prohibitively expensive for broadcasters to shoulder the added cost of digitizing and managing their programming in order for all stakeholders — from in-house executives and sales managers to advertising partners — to stay informed about aired content,” said Critical Media CEO Sean Morgan. “Our mission with Critical ID is to change the time-intensive process of verifying the airing of content, including traditional spots, in-program live reads as well as editorial content, to make the lives of station managers much easier, and to make the services of ad sales teams much more effective.”
Critical ID is designed for TV and radio broadcasters, giving them full access to all of their stations in real-time from anywhere. Using Critical Media’s proprietary software-as-a-service technology, the digital management platform offers:
- Automated as-aired verification reports: broadcasters gain trust with content and advertising partners by providing real-time reports of as-aired content and spots that are viewable and listenable.
- Real-time search: all broadcast is keyword searchable in real time.
- Simple, powerful management tools: view, edit or email content with just a couple of clicks.
- Instant verification of live reads, ad spots and content.
- Alert engine: get notified of keywords used during broadcasts within moments of airing.
- Flexible, expandable storage: standard digital storage of 30 days of a 24/7 broadcast signal (7 days in broadcast quality, 30 days in Web-optimized quality).
- Rich meta-data layer, including a full electronic programming guide, audience data and ad value equivalency data.
- Always-on access to Critical ID: no hardware or software to install and accessible from any browser.
- High-grade editing suite integrated within the platform.
The Critical ID platform will officially launch for radio broadcasters today at the NAB’s and RAB’s 2011 Radio Show in Chicago. The service will subsequently launch for television broadcasters at the NAB Small Markets show in Austin, Texas, on Sept. 28.