Promotional campaign for new network will visit 11 malls across the country, giving the public a chance to meet some of its stars.
The CW will launch what it’s calling its national “Mall Domination” tour this weekend. The network describes it as “an extensive promotional initiative featuring the interactive CW Lounge, appearances by CW stars and a massive advertising campaign blanketing numerous malls in major markets around the country, raising awareness and generating buzz for the network’s debut this fall.”Ã‚Â
Each week, beginning on Aug. 12, the CW Lounge, “an innovative, multi-media interactive experience,” will travel to 11 Westfield Malls around the county, as well as the Grove in Los Angeles, introducing consumers to CW shows and brand identity. Stars from CW’s hit series will visit each location, meeting fans in the CW Lounge and signing autographs.
Inside the Lounge, consumers can create their own customized t-shirts emblazoned with the network slogan “Free to Be,” filling in the blank to express exactly what they’re “Free to Be.”Ã‚Â Photographers will take pictures of consumers and their friends, which could also appear in CW promotional spots that will air on the network.
In addition, each CW Lounge will be outfitted with laptops, so consumers can log on to www.cwtv.com and join the CW Lab Online Community, as well as plasma screen TVs, that will air footage from upcoming CW series.
The locations and dates where the The CW Lounge and stars will appear are (*CW talent attending these locations to be announced):
- New York: Westfield Sunrise/ Massapequa, NY (August 12-13): James Lafferty (One Tree Hill) and Bethany Joy Galeotti (One Tree Hill) to appear on August 13.
- San Diego: Westfield UTC: (August 12-13): Jason Dohring (Veronica Mars), Percy Daggs III (Veronica Mars) and Tia Mowry (The Game) to appear on August 13.
- New Jersey: Westfield Garden State Plaza/ Paramus, NJ (August 18-19): Lee Norris (One Tree Hill) and Danneel Harris (One Tree Hill) to appear on August 19.
- Los Angeles: Westfield Century City/ Los Angeles, CA (August 19-20): Hilarie Burton (One Tree Hill), Jason Dohring (Veronica Mars) and Matt Czuchry (Gilmore Girls) scheduled to appear on August 19.
- Washington: Westfield Wheaton/ Wheaton, MD (August 26-27).*
- Santa Ana, CA: Westfield Main Place, Santa Ana, CA (August 26-27).*
- Los Angeles: The Grove (August 30).* This is in conjunction with “The CW Presents: Summer at the Grove,” a five-week concert series, which concludes on this night with a free performance by Jewel.
- St. Louis: Westfield Chesterfield, Chesterfield, MO (September 2-3).*
- San Jose: Westfield Valley Fair (September 2-3).*
- Chicago: Westfield Old Orchard/ Skokie, IL (September 9-10).*
- Seattle: Westfield South Center (September 9-10).*
Additionally, CW will have an on-going advertising presence in 35 Westfield Malls, including the 11 malls that will feature the CW Lounge, beginning in August and running through CW’s launch in September.
The CW will make its debut on Wednesday, Sept. 20, with the seventh cycle premiere of America’s Next Top Model.