Version 2.0 features more content, video, breaking alerts and citizen journalism technology for users in the company’s local markets.
LIN Media today debuted an enhanced iPad app to its suite of digital offerings that combines its local content, video and citizen journalism technology, Report It, among other features.
Highlights of LIN Media’s Version 2.0 iPad app include:
- Immediate access to stories and blogs published in real-time from LIN Media’s digital content centers.
- Breaking news alerts to help users stay informed even when the app is closed.
- Enhanced video presentation in one easy to navigate, comprehensive catalog.
- Interactive weather maps and information designed for consistency on all media platforms.
- New Report It functionality that leverages iPad’s built-in features, allowing viewers to easily send and share news, photos and videos.
“We are pleased to continue our tradition of bringing innovative products to market and making it more convenient for users to access our superior local content on the most popular electronic devices,” said Vincent L. Sadusky, president-CEO of LIN Media. “Our new iPad app was thoughtfully designed to deliver a best-in-class user experience and be the preferred local news app in each of our markets.”
In October 2010, LIN Media launched its first generation iPad app into the emerging tablet space. The application was built upon the previous development work completed for the company’s iPhone app, which boasted quick access to news and weather, promotion of video packages, as well as an extension of LIN Media’s Report It capabilities.
Since the launch of the iPad 2, LIN Media has been developing its technology to take advantage of the tablet’s increased processing power, photo and video enhancements and new graphics engine. Version 2.0 will be available free on LIN Media’s station websites and in the App Store.