Group’s stations will air a minimum of five minutes each day for 30 days leading up to the Nov. 7 elections. Coverage will include interviews, profiles, debates in afternoon and late evening newscasts.
The Journal Broadcast Group today announced its “2006 Red, White and Blue Election Initiative” which commits each of the company’s television news operations and radio news/talk formatted stations to significant election coverage in the 30 days leading up to the Nov. 7 general election.
The initiative includes:
- A minimum of five minutes of news coverage daily, Monday through Friday, in the 30 days prior to the general election. This coverage will be broadcast in the afternoon and late evening newscasts on television and in high listener time periods on radio.
- The coverage will be focused on candidates running for office in federal, state and significant local elections.
- Coverage will consist of interviews, profiles and viewers’ questions.
- Debates will be offered where appropriate.
- Stations will run public service announcements encouraging viewers to get out and vote.
“Our stations always provide high-quality news coverage and this initiative will provide viewers in each of our markets with comprehensive coverage of important local elections” said Doug Kiel, president, Journal Communications Inc. and vice chairman/CEO, Journal Broadcast Group.
KIVI Boise and KSAW-LP Twin Falls, Idaho
WFTX Fort Myers/Naples, Fla.
WSYM Lansing, Mich.
KTNV Las Vegas
WGBA Green Bay/Appleton, Wis.
KMTV Omaha, Neb.
KMIR Palm Springs, Calif.
KGUN Tucson, Ariz.