With these stations from Bonten, Cocola and Maranatha, the classic film multicast channel’s clearances rise to 42% of the U.S.
The Movies! Network has signed new affiliation agreements with Bonten Media Group, Cocola Broadcasting and Maranatha Broadcasting totaling nine stations. These stations will bring clearance for Movies! to more than 42% of the United States with a total of 33 affiliates.
- WEMT Tri-Cities (DMA 97) — ch. 39.2
- WCTI Greenville-New Bern, N.C. (DMA 99) — ch. 12.3
- KRCR Chico-Redding, Calif. (DMA 132) — ch. 7.3
- KECI Missoula, Mont. (DMA 164) — ch. 13.3
- KTVM Butte-Bozeman, Mont. (DMA 188) — ch. 6.3
- KAEF Eureka, Calif. (DMA 195) — ch. 23.3
- KVBC-LD Fresno, Calif. (DMA 55) — ch. 13.3
- KBFK-LD Bakersfield, Calif. (DMA 127) — ch. 36.2
- K22JN-D Grand Junction, Colo. (DMA 185) — ch. 22.1
The Cocola and Maranatha stations will launch later in the fourth quarter of this year. Bonten stations in the Tri-Cities, Greenville-New Bern, Missoula and Butte-Bozeman markets launched Nov. 1 and the Chico-Redding and Eureka markets will launch on Nov. 18.
“We are delighted to again partner with Weigel in bringing a new and outstanding program service to all of the Bonten markets. Movies! fills a huge need in the digital programming space for quality long-form entertainment with limited commercial interruption. We are confident this offering will prove to be a great success,” said Randy Bongarten, chairman-CEO of Bonten Media Group.
“We are excited to expand our partnership with Weigel Broadcasting Co. in California to include the launch of Movies! in Fresno and Bakersfield,” said Gary Cocola, chairman of Cocola Broadcasting. “Our viewers love the classic television genre that Me-TV offers and we believe Movies! will be valued by our viewers as well.”
Movies! launched nationally in May and is a joint venture between Fox Television Stations and Weigel Broadcasting Co.