The Media Financial Management Association (MFM) and BCCA, the media industry’s credit association, today announced MFM’s officers for the coming year and its newly elected board members. The first meeting for the 2014-2015 MFM-BCCA board will be held Aug. 20-21, at the the law offices of Reed Smith in New York. Officers for the 2014-15 MFM-BCCA […]
The Media Financial Management Association (MFM) and BCCA, the media industry’s credit association, today announced MFM’s officers for the coming year and its newly elected board members. The first meeting for the 2014-2015 MFM-BCCA board will be held Aug. 20-21, at the the law offices of Reed Smith in New York.
Officers for the 2014-15 MFM-BCCA board of directors are:
- Chair: Dalton A. Lee, Partner, Veradenis Consulting;
- Vice Chair: Ralph Bender, CFO, Manship Media;
- Secretary: Timothy Mulvaney, Chief Accounting Officer/Controller, Media General
- Treasurer: Robert Damon, SVP & Chief Accounting Officer, SFX Entertainment; and
- Immediate Past Chair, Chad Richardson, VP Financial Planning & Analysis, Scientific Games International.
The newly elected members to the board are:
- Melissa Mitchell, VP-corporate controller, Lincoln Financial Media;
- William “Scott” Moody, CFO, Bonten Media Group;
- Ed O’Connor, director of operations & financial planning, WTVD-TV/DisneyABC;
- Keith Piper, tax director, Media General;
- C. Robin Szabo, president, Szabo Associates
- Harry Vasels, CFO, South Central Media; and
- Stacey Benson, SVP finance for CBS Radio, who has been appointed to complete the term of Patrick Walsh, EVP, CFO and COO, Emmis Communications.
In addition, Scott Jenkins, senior manager, TWDC Collections for Disney Services Worldwide, has been appointed to serve as BCCA’s Representative to the 2014-15 MFM-BCCA board.
Members of the MFM-BCCA board who will be continuing their current three-year terms in the coming year include:
- John Charlton, SVP Finance & Business Operations, Fox Sports Media Group
- John Drain, SVP finance, Hearst Television;
- Jana Fay, VP finance, C-SPAN;
- Gary Hoipkemier, SVP-CFO, Schurz Communications;
- Mike Lavey, VP-controller, A.H. Belo;
- Charles Odom, VP-CFO, Cox Media Group;
- Thomas Peck, CFO, Daily News–U.S. News & World Report;
- Cindy Pekrul, VP-deputy controller, Turner Broadcasting System;
- Brian Pendley, assurance partner, Ernst & Young;
- Richard Schmaeling, CFO, LIN Media; and
Virginia Wang, general manager, Plain Dealer Publishing Co.
“Our 2014-2015 officers and board members demonstrate the type of talent and commitment that makes all the difference in the success of a professional membership organization like ours,” said Mary M. Collins, president-CEO of MFM and BCCA. “The members of MFM and BCCA — and the industry at large — all stand to benefit from the willingness of these leaders to devote the time necessary, despite the heavy demands of their positions, for ensuring our Association delivers educational programs that improve the effectiveness of the industry’s business practices and support the professional development of its financial managers.”
Collins added, “We also want to extend our appreciation to this year’s outgoing board members for both their past leadership and their continued support of the association as members of our advisory committee.”