From The NAB Exhibit Floor: AJA Video Systems
AJA Video Systems | Booth SL2505 | Website: www.aja.com
On Monday, AJA Video Systems released a number of announcements at the NAB Show. They include:
The introduction of HELO, a new H.264 streaming and recording device. HELO is AJA’s first standalone streaming product and offers a range of professional workflow options with both 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs, the power to handle up to 1080p recording formats and a simple web-based UI for easy configuration. It allows users to simultaneously stream video signals directly to Web Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) while recording either to an SD card, USB drives or network-based storage, with dedicated record and stream buttons for easy operation.
- Stand-alone HD/SD H.264 streaming and recording.
- H.264 streaming and recording bitrates up to 20 Mbps, independently configurable.
- Up to 1080p60 recording/streaming for high-quality video delivery.
- 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs.
- Embedded audio support and dual RCA jacks for audio monitoring.
- USB, SD card and network recording for flexible, scalable and inexpensive storage options.
- Second USB port to configure static/dynamic IP address, or make firmware updates via a simple UI.
- Stream and record buttons for easy start/stop triggers or complete web browser based control.
- Small form factor for remote portability and desktop use.
- 5v-20v operation, and includes AJA DWP-U-R1 international power supply.
HELO will be available soon through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for a U.S. MSRP of $1,295.
The unveiling of the FS4 advanced all-digital frame sync and universal up/down/cross converter that supports 4K, Ultra HD, 2K, HD and SD workflows in a 1RU frame. FS4 offers flexibility via two modes. Single-channel mode provides a full suite of video processing options for 4K/UltraHD with the ability to up, down, cross-convert to and from a 2K/HD/SD input or output. Four-channel mode enables four channels of 2K/HD/SD simultaneous processing, offering multi-channel density at a very reasonable cost per channel.
Key FS4 Features:
- Support for two modes: Four independent channels of 2K/HD/SD or Single-channel 4K/UltraHD frame–sync and conversion.
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/SD video processing and up, down, cross-conversion.
- Full range of I/O options for 4K/UltraHD include Quad 1.5G; Dual 3G; and Quad 3G, 6G and 12G over a range of SDI and optional Fiber choices.
- SMPTE 2SI I/O support for 4K/UltraHD workflow options.
- Unprecedented four-channel 2K/HD/SD video processing and conversion.
- 1RU frame offering space, power and cost efficiencies ideal for broadcast trucks, post production or broadcast settings.
- Audio I/O processing with an incredible 272×272 matrix of audio possibilities; FS4 offers support for a flexible range of audio feeds from discrete AES to MADI and embedded SDI audio.
- Simple operation, a redesigned menu structure and quick access to features via front panel buttons or web UI.
FS4 will be available for a U.S. MSRP of $4,995; significant price reductions of $500-$1,000 have also been announced for AJA’s FS family including: FS1, FS1-X, FS1-X-FRC and FS2.
An expanded line of portable Mini-Converters with the introduction of the Hi5-4K-Plus, a 4K/UltraHD 3G-SDI to HDMI 2.0 converter, and the HDP3, a 3G-SDI to DVI-D converter with 1080p 60 support. Concurrently AJA has extended its range of reliable, cost-effective openGear-compatible video and audio rackframe cards with the new OG-2×4-DA-SDI, a 3G-SDI Distribution Amplifier and the OG-3G-AM, a 3G-SDI 8-channel AES Audio Embedder/Disembedder.
- Hi5-4K-Plus facilitates pristine image fidelity and HFR support up to 60p for 4K/UltraHD SDI to HDMI 2.0 conversion.
- HDP3 is a miniature 3G-SDI to DVI-D scan converter for converting and scaling HD source footage, including 1080p 60, for use on common DVI and HDMI display and projection devices in film, broadcast and AV.
- OG-2×4-DA-SDI is a compact, openGear-compatible re-clocking and distribution amplifier with dual 3G-SDI input support to 4 x 3G-SDI outputs each.
- OG-3G-AM is an openGear-compatible 8-channel SDI/AES audio embedder/ disembedder with support for 3G-SDI input and output up to 1080p-60.
Hi5-4K-Plus will be available next month through AJA’s worldwide reseller network at a U.S. MSRP of $695. HDP3 is now available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network at a U.S. MSRP of $695.
OG-2×4-DA-SDI is available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network at a U.S. MSRP of $550. OG-3G-AM is available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network at a U.S MSRP of $795
The debut of RovoControl, a free application for controlling one or multiple RovoCams. RovoControl offers efficient tools to control the complete features of AJA’s newly shipping RovoCam compact block camera for industrial, corporate, security, ProAV and broadcast. The UltraHD/HD capable RovoCam includes an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single CAT 5e/6 cable at lengths of up to 100 meters. RovoControl offers easy control of RovoCam’s key camera features with unique virtual PTZ control for HD workflows.
RovoControl v1.0 Software Features:
- Zoom, focus and iris control.
- Electronic PTZ to move a 1080p box around an UltraHD frame for Region of Interest (ROI) Pan, Tilt, and Zoom extraction for HD workflows.
- Change resolution dynamically between UltraHD and HD options.
- Windows, Mac OS X and Linux cross-platform support.
Future RovoControl updates will continue to add additional features.
To see all of TVNewsCheck’s NAB 2016 coverage, click here.