E.W. Scripps and Cox Media are among the five station groups launching the Katz Broadcasting diginets.
Escape, Grit And Laff Add More Markets
Multiple station groups have recently launched three of Katz Broadcasting’s multicast networks — Escape, Grit and Laff — in multiple markets.
The launches announced today:
- E.W. Scripps has added Escape in Milwaukee (on WTMJ) and Grit in Indianapolis (WRTV).
- Cox Media Group: Escape in Orlando, Fla. (WFTV).
- Midwest Television: Grit in San Diego (KFMB).
- Morris Network: Laff in Lexington, Ky. (WTVQ), Escape in Chattanooga, Tenn. (WDEF) and Macon, Ga. (WMGT).
- Cordillera Communications: Escape in Tucson (KVOA), Laff in Santa Barbara, Calif. (KSBY) and Grit in all of the following: Colorado Springs (KOAA), Lafayette, La. (KATC), Corpus Christi, Texas (KRIS), Billings, Mont. (KTVQ), Butte, Mont. (KXLF/KBZK), Missoula, Mont. (KPAX) and Great Falls, Mont. (KRTV).
- Holston Valley Broadcasting, all in Tri Cities, Tenn.: Escape (WKPT), Grit (WAPK) and Laff (WAPK).
The launches also come with considerable cable carriage for the networks locally.
Escape is now available to 85% of the United States which represents 99 million homes, Grit is in 93% of the U.S., (108 million) and Laff is now in 85% of the country (99 million).
“The footprints of Escape, Grit and Laff continue to expand and we value the ongoing commitment the industry has made to our networks,” said Jeffrey Wolf, Chief Distribution Officer for Katz Broadcasting.
Escape reaches women 25-54 with a brand of programming anchored in stories of crime and mystery. Grit targets men 25-54 with a heavy focus on western and action theatrical motion pictures and series. Laff features a mix of contemporary off-network sitcoms and popular movies. The Laff brand crosses multiple platforms, with the linear network carried on the signals of local broadcast stations with corresponding cable carriage and digital content being curated, aggregated and available at Laff.com and on mobile via the Laff app.