Just hours after the 17th season of The Bachelorette debuted, longtime host Chris Harrison has exited the romance franchise for good. Having fronted the Mike Fleiss-created The Bachelor and all its lucrative ABC spinoffs since 2002, Harrison will receive a rose of his own in the form of mid-range eight-figure payoff and promise to keep his mouth shut. The confidential settlement with franchise producers and distributor Warner Horizon was finally reached after one more flurry of back and forth between the parties and Bachelor broadcaster ABC on Monday night.
“Chris Harrison will not be hosting the next season of The Bachelorette,” ABC and Warner Horizon said in a statement on Friday. Former Bachelorettes Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe will step in for Harrison as co-hosts of the upcoming season.
Chris Harrison is “stepping aside” as host of ABC’s The Bachelor after excusing a contestant’s racism. “Just as I taught my children to stand up, and to own their actions, I will do the same,” Harrison says in a statement posted on Instagram.
Chris Harrison, the host of The Bachelor and its spinoffs, has spoken out for the first time regarding the incident that caused production on Bachelor in Paradise to be halted last week.
The star of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette will succeed Terry Crews on the Disney-ABC syndicated game show.