Fiat Pays $3.7B For Rest Of Chrysler Shares

Fiat already owns 58.5% of Chrysler’s shares, with the remaining 41.5% held by a United Auto Workers union trust fund that pays health care bills for retirees.

Fiat Buys Another 16% Of Chrysler For $1.3B

The move, expected in the second quarter, will give the Italian automaker 46% of Chrysler and is called “a fundamental step toward completion of the momentous integration of Fiat and Chrysler,” by the CEO of both companies.