The day after Lara Logan’s unhinged rant on Newsmax about a Satanic “global cabal” that must be defeated by White Christians, the far-right news network has banned her from its airwaves. On Eric Bolling’s show on Wednesday night, she began regurgitating Q-Anon talking points, including the racist “Great Replacement” conspiracy theory, insisting she had proof of a worldwide plan to fully implement in the United States. That escalated to talk of Satan and non-Republicans who “dine on the blood of children.”
The former chief foreign affairs correspondent is now a popular guest on podcasts hosted by vaccine skeptics and deniers of the 2020 election.
Tom Jones: “She used to be a respected journalist. She even was a correspondent on 60 Minutes — the gold standard of TV news shows. They don’t hire just anybody for that program. But Logan was a long way from that iconic clicking stopwatch Monday night when, as a guest commentator, she appeared on Fox News and drew a comparison between Dr. Anthony Fauci and Nazi doctor Josef Mengele.”
The former 60 Minutes correspondent is suing the magazine for $25 million, claiming an article about her retracted report tarnished her career.
Fox Nation, the on-demand subscription-based streaming service soon to celebrate its one-year anniversary, will present a four-part docuseries in conjunction with Warm Springs Productions and former CBS News journalist Lara Logan. Launching in January, the new series will consist of 16 investigative episodes focused on four key subjects: media bias, immigration, socialism and veterans. Entitled No […]
The former 60 Minutes journalist, who left CBS News last year, is joining Sinclair Broadcast Group as a special correspondent focusing on the U.S.-Mexico border in a 90-day assignment.
Former CBS News foreign correspondent Lara Logan appeared on Fox News Channel’s Hannity Wednesday evening to expand on her recent remarks characterizing the media as mostly liberal. “It’s obvious, right, because you get targeted,” she said, explaining her earlier comments that she was committing “professional suicide” by criticizing the media. “It’s the same group of people, they’re already starting to target me again now and I was expecting it. I know they’re gonna come after me again. The same people come after you.”
Lara Logan, the journalist who gained wider renown covering war-torn spots in the Middle East for CBS News, is no longer with the network and has not been for several months. The split was disclosed as the result of Logan making an appearance over the weekend on a podcast with Mike Ritland in which she suggested news consumers ought to get information from both liberal and conservative outlets, calling the news “mostly liberal.”
It’s rare for a 60 Minutes correspondent not to introduce their own story. Sunday, Lara Logan, back for her second story this season, reported from Libera on the Ebola outbreak, and the American medical professionals trying to help contain it. Scott Pelley introduced Logan’s story adding that she was on a 21-day self-quarantine.
CBS News spokeswoman Sonya McNair said Wednesday that Logan has returned to 60 Minutes. She had no details on when the correspondent resumed work and what type of stories she is working on.
Lara Logan is still expected to return to CBS newsmagazine “60 Minutes,” according to two people familiar with the situation, though the exact timeline remains unclear. Logan’s status with the program came into question after the publication of an article in New York magazine which said her return “in recent weeks has not appeared certain” in the aftermath of an embarrassing flub she made in an Oct. 26 segment about U.S. operations in Benghazi, Libya.
The question swirling inside CBS News is whether Lara Logan will return after an indefinite leave of absence that followed last fall’s deeply flawed 60 Minutes report on the attack in Benghazi, Libya. Since then, the trajectory of her career, along with that of CBS’s flagship news show, changed abruptly.
Lara Logan and Max McClellan, the 60 Minutes journalists who were put on a leave of absence following their now-retracted report on Benghazi, are set to return to the CBS newsmagazine early next year.
The veteran newsman says the 60 Minutes correspondent’s whole record should be considered.
The journalist and producer Max McClellan are on leave from the CBS news magazine for an undetermined amount of time, according to a Tuesday memo from news chief Jeff Fager.
The Network makes the first admission that it will probe more deeply after offering an apology for Lara Logan’s report.
During brief remarks at the end of the hour correspondent Lara Logan said “60 Minutes” was misled and made a mistake in its reporting in an Oct. 27 story on the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.
60 Minutes correspondent Lara Logan admitted on Friday morning that she and the news magazine had made a “mistake” in their reporting of a controversial story about the Benghazi attacks. A video copy of that story was taken off the 60 Minutes website late Thursday.
Lara Logan’s story relied on an interview with a man who may have lied. Says CBS News, “We are currently looking into this serious matter to determine if he misled us, and if so, we will make a correction.”
Charlie Rose and Lara Logan will host an interview program modeled after the groundbreaking Edward R. Murrow series. It debuts Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012, at 8 p.m.
The network’s chief foreign correspondent will receive the journalism group’s John F. Hogan Distinguished Service Award at its Excellence in Journalism 2011 Conference on Sept. 26.
NEW YORK (AP) — CBS correspondent Lara Logan says she believed she was going to die while she was being sexually assaulted and beaten in Egypt’s Tahrir Square. Logan speaks out Sunday on CBS’”60 Minutes” about the assault, which happened while she was reporting on that country’s political uprising. She was set upon by a […]
CBS correspondent Lara Logan, who was beaten and sexually assaulted by a Cairo mob in the frenzied aftermath of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak’s resignation, was released from a New York hospital Tuesday and is resting at her home in Washington, the network said.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A White House official says President Barack Obama has spoken with CBS reporter Lara Logan in the wake of the network’s announcement that she was brutally attacked in Egypt. The official, who declined to give details on Wednesday’s call, spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose the private conversation. CBS says Logan was attacked and sexually assaulted in Egypt on Friday while covering reaction to the announcement of President Hosni Mubarak’s resignation. She’s recovering in a U.S. hospital. White House spokesman Jay Carney said Wednesday that anyone responsible for acts of violence in Egypt should be brought to justice.
CBS News correspondent Lara Logan was in the city’s Tahrir Square after Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down last Friday when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a mob of more than 200 people. Separated from her crew in the crush of the mob, she suffered what CBS called “a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating.”
CBS News correspondent Lara Logan and her two-person crew have all been released from detention in Egypt. The CBS crew was taken into custody Thursday amid a roundup of journalists — some of whom were beaten and threatened with death.