Broadcasters Foundation Announces 2021 Leadership Awards Recipients
The Broadcasters Foundation of America, the charity devoted exclusively to helping broadcasters in acute need, has unveiled the recipients of its 2021 Leadership Awards. The Leadership Awards are given annually in recognition of career contributions to the broadcast industry and the community at large.
The awards will be presented at the Broadcasters Foundation Annual Breakfast, 7 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 12, in the Brahms Room of the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas, during the NAB Show.
This year’s honorees are:
- Byron Allen, Founder, chairman, and chief executive officer, Allen Media Group
- Pierre Bouvard, chief insights officer, Cumulus Media
- Ralph Oakley, president and chief executive officer, Quincy Media
- Christine Travaglini, president, Katz Radio Group
- Dennis Wharton, retired executive vice president, media relations, National Association of Broadcasters
The Broadcasters Foundation will also present the Lowry Mays Excellence in Broadcasting Award during the breakfast. That honoree will be announced shortly.