NBCU And TikTok Partner For Winter Games
Today, NBCUniversal and TikTok unveiled a new agreement to bring content and ad experiences to audiences and brands for the 2022 Winter Olympics & Paralympics. NBCU says the partnership with TikTok “is the first announcement of new content and ad plans to come from the RFP process with the social platforms NBCU kicked off last November.” The RFP process set out to look for new partnership ideas across content and ad innovation.
NBCU still has global partnerships in place with key platforms, that are an extension of last year’s agreement, specifically with Twitter. NBCU said it is finalizing details for new Olympics partnerships.
With this new NBCU-TikTok Olympic partnership:
- NBCUniversal will add new daily content across select NBC TikTok handles, and produce a new, three-episode livestream show hosted by a TikTok creator.
- This new agreement builds on scaled audience engagement from NBC’s coverage of the Tokyo Games on Tik Tok, laying the foundation for continued innovation.
- With the agreement, NBCUniversal Olympic advertisers will be the first brands to pilot a new, creative ad experience on the TikTok platform.
- Tapping into NBC Olympics content, brands can drive relevance among sports fans on TikTok and stand out through targeted advertising on the For You feed.
- The agreement with NBCU will also bring sports fans on TikTok more behind-the-scenes content each day during the Games.
- Hosted by a TikTok creator, NBCUniversal will debut a new, three-episode livestream show that gives Olympic fans on TikTok a front-row seat to the wins, losses and the energy of the Olympic Village alongside their favorite athletes in real-time.
The livestream show will premiere on the @NBCOlympics TikTok handle and be featured in a dedicated NBC Olympics Hub.
The hub will also showcase everything from highlights to topical trends, clips published from select NBC TikTok handles, including @NBCOlympics, @NBCSports, @ontheturf and @Peacocktv every day.