Nexstar Digital Launches The Hill TV Streamer
Political and policy news site The Hill has launched a streaming channel, The Hill TV, marking its first foray into OTT. The Hill is part of Nexstar Digital, the digital business of Nexstar Media Group.
Nexstar Digital says the launch of The Hill TV “builds upon The Hill’s success as an essential, agenda-setting read for lawmakers, policymakers and influential digital consumers from Capitol Hill to Main Street.”
The Hill TV programming lineup includes:
- Signature shows including morning show
- Extended exclusives and interviews with lawmakers, policy influencers and business leaders about hot-button issues and pending
- Summits and policy roundtables from The Hill’s 70-plus thought leadership events per year, convening expert voices on the biggest challenges facing the U.S.
- Thematic series such as Changing America, which explores timely topics including respect, sustainability, resilience and well-being.
- Local political programs, including highlights from Sunday talk shows produced by Nexstar stations in top
“The Hill’s objective is to bring free, trusted, and non-biased information about politics and policy to more Americans,” said Jason Jedlinski, general manager of The Hill. “In a time of increasing polarization and diminishing trust in media, we’re proud to provide a clear alternative for news and information to viewers, and a powerful opportunity to advertisers.”
The Hill TV recently debuted on global streaming platform Plex. Viewers can watch The Hill TV by downloading the Plex app here or watch now in a web browser here. Additional distribution partners will be announced in the coming months.
“Our mission is to have the best free-to-watch live TV channel lineup available today with content and brands that appeal to large and diverse audiences,” said Shawn Eldridge, Plex vice president, strategic alliances and content.