WNCN, Nexstar’s CBS affiliate in Raleigh, North Carolina, is seeking an Account Executive.
Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill are known for their research/technology roots and collegiate rivalries, according to U. S. News & World Report, which ranks Raleigh as the 10th Best Place to Live in the country. Raleigh, known as the city of oaks for its many oak trees that line the streets, is the state capitol, and the second largest city in North Carolina. Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill also encompass beautiful green spaces, family-friendly museums and a growing art and music scene defined by monthly gallery walks, summer concerts and music festivals.
The area is home to North Carolina State University, Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Many people who call the Raleigh and Durham metro areas home are young, friendly, diverse and educated. They enjoy dining out in the more than 1,200 local restaurants in the Raleigh area, many of which have earned national accolades, and gathering over craft beers in one of the region’s many microbreweries.
Raleigh is just a few hours west of the Atlantic Ocean, only a couple hours from the mountains if you enjoy skiing or snowboarding.
The Account Executive II, Sales is responsible for linear TV and digital revenue through the strategic selling of our linear and digital marketing offerings.
- Service as the sales marketing lead driving revenue from all marketing services for clients across all channels—TV, mobile, tablet and web.
- Develop and execute go-to-market sales strategies that result in exceeding revenue targets
- Responsible for delivering and marketing a powerful suite of local marketing products and services that help local SMB’s grow successfully
- Develop local sales strategies in major industry verticals (auto, medical, etc.) with clear goals and measurable objectives that can be tied to revenue growth
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with advertisers and agencies
- Position and pre-sell all opportunities to highlight the benefit and value proposition in the marketplace
- Consistently communicate with clients on all business activity
- Complete knowledge of the market and competitive landscape
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to develop strategic understanding of client’s business and marketing needs
- Meet and exceed performance management targets for account activity and revenue generation
- Serve as an advisor to GM and DOS and help make informed decisions on key issues surrounding digital marketing objectives
- Establish key relationships within the local business community in order to effectively build and maintain ad revenue vs. budget
Requirements & Skills:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 2+ years of media sales and marketing experience preferred
- Significant knowledge of the linear TV and digital advertising landscape including Broadcast TV, Paid Search, Programmatic Ad buying, Social Media Management, Mobile Strategy etc.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who can work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Effective communication and client presentation skills
- Ability to interact with high-level decision makers
- Ability to sell through a consultative sales experience
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales a plus
- Ability to sell a vast array of products
- Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals and secure revenue goals
- Interest and passion for digital trends and how they relate to the media/broadcast industry
- Strategic thinker with strong ability to translate complex ideas into succinct and compelling sales narratives
- Resourceful, self-motivated and skillful multi-tasker
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.