Website Block Communications
WLIO and WOHL, branded as Your Hometown Stations, is Block Communications’ FOX/NBC/ABC/CBS affiliated stations in Lima, Ohio.
Your Hometown Stations, the regions leader for local news, weather and sports, has openings for an Assistant Chief Engineer, Creative Services Producer and Multimedia Journalist.
We cover the stories you want to see all around West Central Ohio.
Our news content is available live on air, online and on your phone.
You are also able to get all of your local news right here on hometownstations.com both on your desktop and mobile devices when you’re on the go.
Why WLIO is the best place to work:
- Low-cost family health benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision
- Company paid Health Savings Account
- 100% paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Incredible 6% employer 401K match
- Competitive paid time off
- Opportunities for learning and growth
- Collaborative Team with a strong values-based culture
- Learn from industry-leading talent
According to Citytistics.com, living in Lima has a suburban feel, which can be nice for families looking for more space than larger densely packed cities for the money and a good area to raise children. Lima’s overall livability score is above average. The livability score considers education, crime, cost of living, and residents’ overall happiness calculated as a predictive index through our advanced statistical models. The cost of living in Lima is lower than the national average and most cities in the state.
Assistant Chief Engineer
Your Hometown Stations, a terrestrial broadcast television station with ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC affiliates located in Lima, Ohio, is seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer to assist the Chief Engineer, as directed.
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electronic and associated equipment at the station and transmitter site.
This position would be a great pathway to grow into a Chief Engineer role.
- Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, technical requirements, budgetary recommendations, and facility infrastructure changes
- Schedule daily assignments of employees in the Engineering Department; must be able to plan, manage, train, and coordinate technician’s activities. Should monitor and direct contractor work, and secure necessary permits and insurance certificates.
- Provide engineering support and direction for live remotes and press conferences as necessary
- Assist with scheduling preventative maintenance of existing equipment; including towers, transmitters, microwave, satellite, earth station equipment, and tenant installations.
- Review and approve maintain logs and documentation for proper operation of equipment in accordance with Good Engineering Practices
- Assist in managing the building infrastructure. Oversight and maintenance of all station physical assets including buildings, grounds, vehicles, and machines.
- Ability to handle F.C.C. filings; including DIRS, ETRS, and LMS
- Aid with managing all engineering aspects of the technical facility; including studio support, editing systems, field production support, and transmission of live/taped programs.
- Co-hire and supervise Broadcast IT staff including oversight of IT systems connected to broadcast equipment. Support of office and broadcast-specific IT infrastructure, telephone system, Fax, and other forms of communications.
- Have expert knowledge regarding equipment & technology, and systems outside of broadcasting and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations (ie: primary power, public utility, communications)
- Ability to draft/CAD engineering designs and workflow.
- Write and update documentation for user support guides and system infrastructure.
- Maintain comprehensive diagram of plant wiring, signal flow, and specifications
- Knowledge of PBX analog and digital ports, telco facilities, punch downs, cross connects, and handset models and locations
- Assist in developing and implementing capital and operating budgets.
- Proper application and compliance of electrical and building codes (national & state).
- Understanding and application of labor law, human resource rules; including OSHA, NATE, and civil engineering regulations
Education & Experience
- Three or more years- television only- engineering experience. Three plus years of experience in management of an engineering team.
- Previous leadership and management experience. Solid team-building ability
- Hands-on experience in studio, SNG, Bonded Cellular, and ENG broadcast operations
- FCC General Class License, Amateur General, or equivalent specialist certifications, Society of Broadcast Engineering A+, ACMT, CTO, CBT, CBTE, or CBNE preferred, but not required. Naval PQS/NEC code or equivalent.
- Engineering degree or related experience is preferred.
May need to be available “on call” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency engineering problems.
Travel may occasionally be required, including transportation of assets, personnel, and contractors.
Reliable vehicle for work and travel.
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Assistant Chief Engineer.
Creative Services Producer
Your Hometown Stations is hiring a highly motivated and creative individual to help produce TV and Web commercials.
This position will be responsible for the creative production of on-air spots and digital marketing as well as special projects.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Sales Department to write, shoot and edit content for clients in the greater Lima area.
- Go on location to shoot video and record audio for projects
- Assist News Department with on air programming both in studio and on location. Specifically running of cameras & micing guests.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time.
- Push the creative envelope while adhering to branding and/or client given guidelines.
What you will bring:
- Must have ability to work daytime hours regularly and flexible hours including weekends when needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong non-linear editing experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop).
- Possess strong video production skills.
- Working knowledge of camera,lighting and audio gear and techniques is a plus.
- Possess excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments.
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Creative Services Producer.
Your Hometown Stations in Lima, OH is looking for a Multi Media Journalist.
This position could open the doors to your broadcast career.
What you will do:
- This position will require covering local news, including, but not limited to, city and county government, spot news and any other news of the day.
- You will shoot your own video, write stories and edit as a one man/woman band.
- This is a unique opportunity with the 4 major networks under one roof.
What you bring:
- Experience with Final Cut, ENPS, JVC-800 series camera, it is preferred.
- Social Media knowledge is helpful
- Live experience is ideal
- A 4 year college degree is desired
The job is full time, Thursday-Monday, with possible vacation & holiday fill-in.
Must pass BMV background check and pass drug test if offered the job.
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Multi Media Journalist.
To apply for this job please visit www.blockcommunications.com.