WHBQ FOX13. Cox Media Group
This engineer will maintain Grass Valley Automation Systems, Master Control Automation and other in-house computer systems. Also AVID News Room Software, Bitcentral Newsroom Automation, Chyron Graphics, and Adobe Premiere editing software.
Inside the studio this engineer will participate in the normal maintenance activities that are required in a TV station, including switchers, cameras, computers, cabling, etc.
- The engineer should be able to manage and maintain various IT/Computer systems
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, applicable electrical, mechanical, structural and civil engineering methods important.
- Maintenance and repair of all technical equipment in studio and transmitter, satellite downlink and microwave transmission systems.
- Design and construction of new engineering projects as directed by Director of Engineering and Asst. Chief Engineer.
- Preparation and timely delivery of required logs, status information, and reports.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to question from managers, clients, customers and general public.
- Must have solid working knowledge of PCs, networks, routers, MS operating systems and application software such as Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in broadcast engineering, with at least 3 of those years in direct maintenance and operation of Grass Valley ITX and Master Control Automation systems.
- Experience in Sundance and or Ignite, Crispin, or Avid is preferable.
- Practical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and basic construction techniques helpful.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs safely
- Should be comfortable working on ladders and overhead
To apply: https://goo.gl/g3pMVX
To apply for this job please visit goo.gl.