Overview: The position of Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering is responsible for managing the station engineering department in the planning, design, and installation of new systems in an effective and efficient manner and employs industry best practices to maintain quality facilities. This position also develops, maintains, and administers engineering departmental operations budget and capital budgets for studio and transmitter locations.
Essential Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Key responsibility is engineering support for 24/7 news production, delivered through TV, digital, mobile, and OTT, and other emerging digital services.
- Develop outstanding Engineering Department through hiring, training, coaching, evaluation, and daily contact with employees.
- Lead efforts and champion improvement solutions for studios and transmitters and other engineering related solutions. Lead team in researching, recommending, planning, design, and installation of new systems in an effective and efficient manner and employ industry best practices to maintain quality facilities, solve workflow problems or improve performance in other ways.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Formal training in electronics with advanced training in broadcast systems electronics is required
- 10+ years of relevant job experience including a position of engineering management responsibility.
- Must have experience with purchase agreement negotiations.
- Thorough knowledge of current FCC rules and regulationsand OSHA regulations a must.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
WHEC-TV, LLC in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.whec.com.