Cox Media Group / Cox Television Tulsa
The Director / Technical Director is responsible for directing, technical directing, as well as calling and punching various news and variety show products both weekday and weekend. Director / Technical Director is a leadership position within the production department and is responsible for the clean execution of all live shows. This position is expected to work closely with the news department and must harbor a positive, approachable demeanor for both production and non-production departments. Strong leadership skills are a must.
- Direct / Technical Direct live and non-live news and talk show programs.
- Direct / Technical Direct live on location news and non-news programs.
- Operate all studio equipment which include studio camera, cg, audio, graphic art and prompter.
- Produce Episodic Promos for Promotion Department.
Direct & Technical Direct Live Newscast – 75%
- Prepare show rundowns. Continually review rundown and scripts for updates.
- Pre-record reporter or anchor standups before live broadcast.
- Pre-record all news preproduction before live broadcast.
- Execute live news broadcast in a clean manner.
- Pre-record news and promotion topicals in between newscast.
- Pre-record morning sports and reporter standups for next day.
- Run studio camera for both live and non-live events.
Operate Studio Gear – 15%
- Operate audio board for both live and non-live events.
- Operate character generator for both live and non-live events.
- Create graphic art for both live and non-live events.
- Edit episodic promos for promotions department.
Supervising – 10%
- Communicating effectively with production manager.
- Communicating effectively with show producers.
- Communicating effectively with technical crew.
- Supervising during live show events.
- Training additional technical crew.
- Education: High School Degree or GD required. College Degree a plus.
- Experience: 2 – 3 years previous director and technical director experience desired.
- Lighting Experience a definite plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder for studio lighting
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.