Website Cox Media Group / WSOC
The Research Director is responsible for leading CMG Charlotte’s research efforts. Must support the sales and news departments in all areas relating to research. The ideal candidate will provide excellent support to our staff of sales, news, programming, and creative professionals. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever changing environment.
- Provide sales support collateral materials for sales staff by producing positioning materials as indicated by overnight ratings delivery and survey periods – Highlights, Sales Pieces, Sports & Specials Decks, etc.
- Generate viewing estimates for programming and specials. When appropriate, coordinate with CoxReps for production and distribution of viewing estimates and sales pieces.
- Build tailored research presentations to meet client needs utilizing the station’s research tools and assets, including Nielsen, Marshall Marketing, WRAP, Scarborough, Kantar, Polk, and CMG Research.
- Train sales and support staff in use of market media software applications, including Wide Orbit Media Sales, Kantar, Tableau, Scarborough, and Polk.
- Attend sales calls with account executives and sales managers to present research information.
- Manage the news research process to help develop effective news strategies.
- Interpret Nielsen data such as quarter-hour ratings, minute ratings, and flow studies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with CMG Research, department heads, consultants, and vendors to craft, review and execute on plans developed from various primary research studies – including but not limited to viewer preferences (perception analyzer) and creative effective.
- Produce ratings research information for Sales, News, Programming, Creative Services and station management using primary (Magid and Kovsky) and secondary (Nielsen, Scarborough, Kantar and Marshall Marketing) research sources.
- Ensure marketing materials contain research information that meets CMG Charlotte’s standard for publication, including accuracy, appropriate use of sources, accomplishing sales goals.
- Maintain on-going trends of ratings data and program tracks.
- Supervise Nielsen for sample accuracy and correct titling.
- Gather and interpret digital research including comScore, WebTrends and Omniture to help create strategies based upon research received.
- Analyze competitive media including television stations, cable interconnects, radio, newspaper, and digital among others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with emphasis in statistics, marketing or marketing research.
- Preferred three years major market or five years medium market experience.
- Strong communication skills – ability to present information effectively in group and one-on-one situations to managers, sales team, news staff, and station clients.
- Exceptional problem solving and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend somewhat complex data and instructions.
- Excellent computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task many projects at one time.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment.
- Very organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Survey design experience
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Software agility
- Excellent math skills
- Superior knowledge of PowerPoint
To apply for this job please visit bs.serving-sys.com.