Website Florical Systems
Florical Systems, a leader in television automation and products, is seeking a Florical Technical Services Engineer.
This is a remote position that can be done anywhere you live.
For over 35 years, Florical Systems, headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, has been the company broadcasters and cablecasters have turned to for solutions and software.
From high profile cable networks, network owned and operated stations, individual network affiliate stations and PBS stations, our products have been deployed at some of the biggest names in TV and Cable.
Job Description Summary
• This is a Customer Support position to install, train, and maintain products developed and sold by Florical Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Available for customer service 24hr/day when on-call, as needed.
• Ability to travel and work with customers on-site.
• Edit high level configuration files on multiple types of software packages as needed.
• Install, configure, and test hardware, software, and peripheral system components through on-site and telephone support.
• Serve existing accounts by handling work orders, planning daily schedules, investigating complaints, conducting tests, and resolving problems.
• Maintain good customer relations by examining complaints, identify solutions, suggest workflow improvements, and recommend system improvements.
• Responsible for maintaining assigned company equipment in operating condition and maintaining assigned supplies.
• Completing forms, reports, logs, etc. to document service and installation actions.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of information.
• Continuing education to keep job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ethics – Treat people with respect, keep commitments, inspire the trust of others, work ethically and with integrity, and uphold organizational values.
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information, developing alternative solutions, and working well in group problem solving situations.
• Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for service/assistance in a timely manner.
• Communications – Write/speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, read/listen well to clarify situations, respond well to questions, and demonstrate skill with group presentations.
• Professionalism – Interact with others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accept responsibility for own actions, and follow through on commitments.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or equivalent from a College or technical school in an engineering, broadcasting, computer science or related field, or four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Florical master control automation experience a plus.
• Television engineering or operations experience a plus.
• IT and networking experience required and should include experience with LANs and WANs.
• Cloud platform experience a plus but not required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows Server.
• Knowledge of SQL database systems.
• Competency with Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid driver’s license.
• Excellent Technical & Diagnostic Troubleshooting skills
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Strong ability to debug wiring and cabling issues.
• Availability to travel as needed.
To apply for this job please visit iheartmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.