KCCI, Hearst’s CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa, has an opening for an experienced IT Manager.
Des Moines is ranked as one of America’s best cities to live and raise a family.
Des Moines is listed as the ninth best place to live according to U.S. News and World Report, which listed Des Moines as one of the top five most affordable and best cities to live in and Livability.com calls Des Moines a millennial hotspot. Elegant Colonial and Tudor-style homes built in the early 1900s hide in quiet neighborhoods minutes from buzzy downtown, where lofts and condos draw the millennial crowd. Many families with kids flock to the suburbs where new housing developments continually pop up. And there’s plenty to do and see in Des Moines. Cultural events and festivals draw all ages to the downtown area. One-of-a-kind shops, locally owned restaurants and hip bars enliven entertainment districts. And plenty of bike trails and parks (and even a few lakes) provide opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Put your IT Knowledge to good work by supporting an extraordinary team at KCCI Television.
Our award-winning team is recognized as Iowa’s News Leader and the lead source for the latest information.
Make your hard work count towards something good for your community and your team.
The IT role in television is challenging and creative, but never boring.
Know that your work mattered at the end of a day.
KCCI is a multi-platform local media leader.
Our passionate team members serve our viewers and clients with world-class content and advertising solutions seen by thousands of consumers every day.
And because we know consumers don’t want to be constrained, we are driven to ensure every news story and every advertising solution will reach them wherever they are, and on whatever device they are using.
As part of the global Hearst team, based in Des Moines, Iowa, our resources to serve our viewers, clients and employees are best-in-class.
KCCI employees change the world with their work.
Our journalists produce award-winning content that helps consumers makes sense of their community.
Our sales team delivers strategic advertising solutions to help local businesses fulfill their dreams.
Our engineering team enjoys world-class technology and understands how it supports our overall mission to inform, entertain, and support our local communities.
The KCCI team also cares deeply about their friends and neighbors.
Every year their collective work raises thousands of dollars and awareness for local charitable causes.
IT Managers should be customer service focused, with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with thorough knowledge of the below items:
- Network topology, switching, connectivity, and segmentation
- vLAN understanding and IP Management
- VMware & Virtual systems & Management
- Cisco Hyperflex Virtual Systems Management & Understanding
- Wireless Connectivity & usage policies – Hearst, Hearst Guest
- Security Management – Cylance, SEP, etc.
- MFA & Systems Access
- Active Directory Management & Understanding – Quest Active Roles
- WAN connectivity – circuit usage, including Supplemental
- ITAM – Asset Management – Replenishment
- Service Now functions and Service Catalog – ITIL Worker Interface / End User Interface
- User On-Boarding and New User Setup in SNOW
- Isilon & Qumulo Production storage systems management & understanding
- SCCM Initiatives and Windows Updates – client install and reporting
- WSUS Server Update System
- Rubrik Backup Systems
- ENPS Systems & WEB Access – News iPads
- Bit Central Production Systems
- Signiant Transfer Agents
- Streaming & OTT efforts – Up Link
- DMZ – Publicly facing systems – Gateway Switches
- ADC Automation & BOPS Switches
- Software Compliance & Licensing
- VPN Access – Juniper Pulse Configuration & Support
- Bomgar system & support
- PDQ Inventory & Deploy
- Lower priority on deploying desktops, updating software, repairing broken hardware, and other level 1 functions. Unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
- A thorough knowledge, understanding, and familiarity of the essential job functions must be the primary goal within the first 90 – 180 days.
- An ongoing effort to gain a holistic overview of broadcast and IT systems, operations, and workflow is essential.
- Good analytical & technical problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude, team player
- Ability to maintain corporate standards, policies, and procedures
- May be required to be “on-call” outside of normal working hours
- College or Technical School degree preferred
- Any certification in the above core items would be preferred.
- MTA – Fundamentals of IT, MTA – IT Infrastructure preferred.
- Equivalent military experience always considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit eevd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.