KIII Corpus Christi, TX is looking for a driven, solutions-based Local Sales Manager. The Local Sales Manager must be an effective motivator and innovative thinker working with a team comprised of our Local Account Executives and Account Managers. We want someone with a proven history of growing revenue for both television and digital, developing a strong sales team through mentoring and executing special projects. This position is responsible for executing a sales strategy that delivers total solutions to all customers through an integrated suite of media platforms – television, digital, mobile and social. The ideal candidate will have excellent entrepreneurial, organizational, presentation & leadership skills and enjoy being in front of our clients. The LSM ideally will establish and grow strong relationships with local and regional advertisers as well. We’re looking for an idea person and strategic thinker who not only creates sales opportunities for advertisers but also helps in the continuing development of our entire team. This person must be results oriented, possess a competitive spirit and exhibit passion for marketing sales, both broadcast and digital. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
- Provide leadership and coaching of local sales team.
- Work closely with marketing and news departments to generate & implement lead generation opportunities.
- Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications
- Complete business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Feel the pulse of the market by staying current and up to date on competitive ‘best practices’ as well as ‘missteps’.
- Manage key local accounts with account executives by being active in the sales process.
- Assess sales staff with ride-along coaching & participating in client meetings.
- Offer and recommend appropriate training for the AEs.
- Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing the information and recommendations to overall strategic plan by monitoring competitive products and feedback from market and forecast sales and achieve goals.
- Being active in the community.
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms and working with research staff.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with sales or marketing major or commensurate experience in sales positions.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful local TV or media sales experience and/or creative digital
- Wide Orbit, Excel, PowerPoint, Sales Force, ComScore, & Nielsen software experience is a plus.
- Valid driver license & clean driving record is mandatory.
Follow direct link to apply:
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.