Beautiful, growing market in the Southeast is looking for the next Morning Meteorologist to join a dynamic morning team.
The qualified candidate must be able to create and present relevant, accurate forecasts in a region often known for its breaking weather, ranging from tornadoes to winter weather and often strong winds inherent due to our geographic location.
Experience in severe weather coverage is a big plus.
The ideal candidate should also possess the skills necessary to become a social media weather leader within the region.
Want a chance to make your mark as a leading weather authority?
This opportunity provides valuable experience in a mid-size market that depends on accurate weather information, both on-air and on social platforms.
The ability to connect with viewers is key.
This individual is expected to earn a place as a leader in the newsroom, becoming an integral part of a four-person weather team, demonstrating deep commitment to continued professional growth and leadership.
Being out in the community executing live shots and speaking with students throughout our DMA is an expectation.
• BA/BS degree in meteorology or equivalent.
• Over two years of experience as a morning news weather personality, or experience as a weekend personality with the skills necessary to take the next step.
• AMS/NWA seal is preferred.
• Skilled in coverage of breaking weather from the field and in-studio
• Outstanding technical skills with familiarity of various weather programs
• Excellent communication skills
• A good driving record; individual will be subject to pre-employment background and drug screening
Candidates should email a link to their reel and a resume to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org