Stories that matter, brands that deliver
WWL/WUPL, TEGNA Media Inc. New Orleans, is looking for a National Sales Manager to lead our national and political sales efforts.
If you can answer yes to the following questions and want to be part of a progressive company then we want to talk with you!
• Do you have deep knowledge of Media sales?
• Are you confident that you have what it takes to lead and collaborate with national sales teams in a large market?
• Does the ever-changing media landscape excite you?
• Do you like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
We welcome applications for remote employment as well.
• General supervision of, and responsibility for, all transactional and political (local and national) sales efforts.
• Plans and develops means of achieving revenue goals both for broadcast and on-line.
• Accurately identify, monitor and forecast sales and marketing trends for key business segments
• Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required.
• Review and adjust metrics to monitor sales/market share change.
• Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
• Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to overall strategic plan by monitoring competitive products and feedback from market and forecast sales and achieve goals.
• Coaching and timely relevant feedback to sales reps to assist them in better serving their customers.
• Recommends creative ideas that improve the company’s competitive position and the bottom line.
• Targets existing accounts to increase shares of business for WWL/WUPL.
• Responsible for internal marketing of station to national and local reps with ongoing motivational support.
• Travels to build and maintain successful relationships with reps, buyers, planners and clients who may have business in the New Orleans market. These travel plans include regular visits to Chicago, New York and other key offices as needed.
• Develops incremental opportunities with existing and/or new advertisers as they relate to broadcast, com, and other distribution platforms.
• Responsible for selling station sports and specials.
• Develops relationships with local key account people.
• Assists Director of Sales in special projects as assigned.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or advertising.
• Sales management experience in television, digital or media industry preferred.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
• Excellent communicator who can communicate and sell ideas and solutions.
• Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, One Domain, Wide Orbit Sales, Wide Orbit Traffic- (preferred) and qualitative data (Scarborough or Stowell).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft software is necessary, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• This position requires 15-20% travel.
• Knowledge and strong affective experience with Wide Orbit, SharePoint, Medialine, WOMS, NSI, ComScore is necessary.
• Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. As one of the most geographically diverse broadcasters in the U.S., TEGNA is a best-in-class operator with 62 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and four radio stations in 51 markets from coast to coast. We are the largest owner of Big Four affiliates in the top 25 markets and reach 41.7 million television households or 39 percent of all TV households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults across our digital platforms. Across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, TEGNA stations have over 31 million social followers.
TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont, and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.