KIII-TV - TEGNA
KIII, the number one news station in South Texas, is searching for an experienced, motivated journalist to lead the news team in developing multi-platform content that sets the standard for local coverage of our community. South Texas communities count on 3 News as their number one source for news, and we want to serve our audience even better by thinking big, being bold and delivering content that helps them better navigate their world successfully. The News Director will lead the news team to make certain we uphold that trusted brand in all of our coverage and exemplifying the 3 News commitment to all of our communities.
We are also a place where many talented journalists start their career, so the News Director must be a leader with a keen eye for talent, combined with strong motivational, coaching and development skills, and the ability to maintain a positive culture where creativity thrives. The successful candidate must have solid journalistic judgment, a news philosophy that emphasizes accuracy, and decision making ability based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment. Position reports to the President/General Manager.
- Strategically lead and manage News Department.
- Oversee all on-air news content and digital news content.
- Work closely with the news team to produce high quality, relevant, local content that sets the station apart from competitors as a way to grow audience.
- Collaborate daily with the team on content for web site, social media, mobile, and apps.
- Foster an environment of creativity, innovation, teamwork and high ethical standards.
- Lead a culture that owns breaking news and weather coverage on all of our multimedia platforms, and inspire and coach superior storytelling.
- Must be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, teacher, collaborator, community-minded, with hands on journalism experience and a driving passion to serve audiences and win in the digital world.
- Interact daily with all department heads in a mutual effort to achieve station goals and to extend the 3 News brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism preferred with a proven track record of news leadership experience.
- Demonstrated successful innovative leadership, communication, and both staff and product development skills.
- Prior experience as a television station News Director, Assistant News Director or Executive Producer required.
- Solid journalistic judgment and a news philosophy that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement.
- Leading understanding of social media and digital platforms.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills suited for a fast paced environment.
Follow direct link to apply: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/News-Director/J3T8FG72DKPJFMSDL66/
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit https.