Website Nexstar Media Group
Local Leadership. Local Vision. Local Targeting.
WCMH-TV, the NBC affiliate in Columbus, Ohio, one of the great cities in America, DMA #34, seeks a News Director to lead and supervise all aspects regarding the creation, execution and distribution of news, weather, sports programming and special projects, on all platforms, including our primary TV station, dedicated websites, apps and social media sites. The News Director stays abreast of changes to the industry that affects both media consumers and journalists and has the ability to devise plans to collect and distribute relevant, meaningful content to audiences regardless of platform.
• Manages all aspects of the News Department (other than Production.)
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the News Department.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops news coverage strategy for the station and its website.
• Critiques newscasts daily to correct errors, improve coverage and provide mentoring feedback to news staff.
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met.
• Ensures growth and achievement of viewer rating goals and online engagement metrics.
• Determines programming and evaluation of equipment needs to produce quality programming.
• Responds to coverage questions.
• Works with other senior station leaders or other departments in a collaborative way to establish and reach station goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Reports directly to the station’s VP / General Manager
To apply for this job please visit broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com.