Website Gray Television
WWSB, Gray’s ABC affiliate in Sarasota, Florida (DMA 12) needs a Newscast Producer.
We are looking for a multi-skilled producer to help elevate our news and digital brands to the next level.
This producer will be responsible for launching a weekend morning newscast and assisting with Good Morning Suncoast digital properties during the week.
Fill in broadcast producing will be expected.
You’ll also get to work on special projects with the management and digital teams.
This is also a good chance for journalists looking for an on camera career to get their foot in the door of a great station and company.
- Must be well informed and generate original content daily
- Write news stories under deadline
- Create newscast rundown
- Time newscast
- Coordinate execution of newscast from control room
- Follow strategic plan for newsroom to achieve producing goals
- Use graphics to assist with storytelling in newscasts
- Work with a variety of technical and content co-workers to producer best newscast possible.
- Posting news stories and video to the station’s website.
- Editing video for station website and social media platforms.
- Harvesting content from email, internet, sources, social media and organically meeting people who can feed an enterprising spirit
- Edit stories by other staff members
- Manage station’s Social Media Accounts.
- Interact with sources and the public through news story coverage and station events.
- As needed, do live coverage on social media platforms of developing stories
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, media, communications or related field.
- At least 1 year in a digital news covering environment.
- Exemplary writing and grammar skills.
- Must prove strong social media presence with relevant and newsworthy content.
- Experience on air helps as well.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.