We are Bitcentral—one of the video industry’s most trusted and innovative software providers.
We are a battle-tested group of industry veterans and visionaries who have helped transform how broadcast media produces video content.
For over 20 years, we have set the standard for the most efficient media workflows and forward-thinking solutions in video.
Our Core News™ solution is the No. 1 news production platform in the U.S.; Central Control™ is our master control system that delivers reliable playout with advanced workflow solutions; and FUEL is our cloud-based streaming platform that automates the digital video workflow and delivers the highest level of viewer engagement.
The Senior Director of Sales will be accountable for achieving or exceeding product revenue and gross margin goals for Core News, Central Control and FUEL products.
These will be sold to appropriate clients in broadcast & cable news, sports and digital, web, OTT media customers.
Generating new business is an essential part of this role.
This position will maintain the quality, efficiency and integrity of sales, delivery, and sales support functions with their assigned accounts plus new business accounts by implementing realistic and aggressive tactics & strategies to increase sales revenue.
This is a hands-on professional sales role involved in every aspect of the sales process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Devise and execute sales strategies that will drive revenue growth & profitability around Core News, Central Control & FUEL products
• Collaborate with the assigned Sales Engineer to prepare sales presentations & demos, onsite meetings or through remote channels
• Follow pre-sales engagement guides & other SOP’s for FUEL & core products including qualifications
• Work with & provide strategic guidance to the appropriate Account Relationship Managers to insure the highest level of customer satisfaction
• Maintain a weekly, accurate revenue forecast report, with proper weighting applied to each opportunity
• Input all sales activity into NetSuite daily. Collaborate with Operations and implementations departments to ensure smooth SW installation
• Participate in bi-weekly sales call with Chief Revenue Officer with up-to-date information, quality input and feedback
• Contribute strategic ideas to Marketing/Sales Support Team on marketing, sales support and trade show activities
• Always have strategic and competitive information about customers and the industry to aid in anticipating market trends and provide insights to the product management team to help guide the development of our product portfolio to address customer and market needs
• Control and use expenses strategically & keep in line with budget
• Inform with urgency any important, critical, inadequate or any other matter of material nature to your supervisor in a timely manner
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Broadcast TV or related News stations or B2B sales to Media Newsrooms, selling experience with SaaS also a plus
• Education at degree level in related subject/fields: Communications, business marketing/sales- or equivalent
• Proven track record of identifying and closing projects, creating & executing account plans, negotiating & closing deals in long sales cycles
• Experience with using standard business reporting & metrics
• Able to use good judgement in complex business situations
• Identify and develop and manage strong cross- function/departmental relationships
• Remote position: willingness & ability to work from home
• Self- motivated, results oriented, driven with strong project management skills
• Strong communication & problem- solving skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure & deadlines
We at Bitcentral, are dedicated to creating a culture of proactive sharing and listening to understand, an environment that attracts and retains the right talent, providing the right resources and the right tools for a productive and rewarding work experience.
Please send your resume to: [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit bitcentral.com.