Central Ohio News Leader
What’s it like to live in Columbus? In a word, exciting. There’s no shortage of unique things to do here. Named the Best Big City in the Midwest by Money magazine,
Columbus continues to be one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas. Ranked #1 for Population Growth, #1 for Job Growth, and #1 for Wage Growth.
WBNS-10TV has been serving central Ohio for over 60 years with entertainment, news, and community service.
WBNS-10TV has been the home to some of central Ohio’s most storied programs and personalities.
For decades, 10TV News has been central Ohio’s number one choice for news and information honoring the hallmarks of quality, balanced journalism with a focus on localism and community service.
Quality programming has always been a priority for 10TV.
WBNS is one of the country’s longest standing CBS affiliates and we have the highest quality syndicated programs such as Kelly & Ryan, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune just to name a few.
WBNS Columbus is seeking a talented and disciplined Brand Manager to help oversee all aspects of our brand.
This individual is responsible for facilitating, nurturing and growing the brand and its sub-brands to maximize market share and improve the organization’s competitive position.
Reporting to the station’s marketing director, the Brand Manager is a subject matter expert on brand and works inside the station’s marketing department.
The individual will collaborate with necessary internal and external partners to bring the brand to life.
They will help facilitate the strategic and creative development of the brand and provide internal guidance to all who impact the brand across platforms.
They ensure all touch points of the station are in brand compliance including all advertising and promotion, multiplatform content, sales partnerships, social media extensions, live events, internal marketing and more.
• Champion the brand in all station efforts. Educating stakeholders on brand and how to incorporate brand-thinking into their individual work areas.
• Developing a culture of clarity, commitment, and empowerment in partnership with HR and station leaders.
• Partnering with internal research team to gather, analyze, report on and apply key audience insights that affect brand growth.
• Developing, regularly reviewing, training staff on and ensuring strict adherence to station brand guidelines.
• Governing the brand and achieving a high level of organizational consistency across platforms by continuously monitoring brand expressions, tracking all creative assets, providing ongoing critiques, etc.
• Develop and lead activation of strategic marketing campaigns including community events, strategic partnerships and external marketing efforts.
• Partner on the development and delivery of compelling, brand-centric creative content alongside multiplatform content and marketing leaders.
• Work with marketing director to recruit and retain best in class creative talent.
• Help identify, recommend and manage external marketing and advertising buys.
• Develop, maintain and track budgets and project schedules.
- The ideal candidate is humble, professional and flexible with a strong ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic media environment.
- They can set goals and manage multiple activities while prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- They bring a positive attitude to the workplace and fearlessly push the envelope.
- They can effectively manage, connect, collaborate and act as a liaison with multiple parties.
- They are a big picture thinker, able to look 6-18 months ahead to ensure the vision of the brand while operating with a sense of urgency in the present.
- They have a high emotional quotient and are comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders across departments including but not limited to news and content, digital, human resources, department heads and station leadership, corporate executives and more.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in related field with record of success in brand building
- Strong organizational, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.