Sales Manager – Telemundo Minneapolis, SagamoreHill Broadcasting
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Minneapolis and St. Paul not only have big-city amenities like museums and sports stadiums, but also have an approachable Midwestern feel. Separated by the Mississippi River, the Twin Cities are considered one metropolitan area but actually include two unique cities, featuring downtown cosmopolitan cores surrounded by distinctive neighborhoods and suburban communities.
With over 61 million Hispanics, the United States is the second largest Spanish-speaking country in the world! SagamoreHill Broadcasting connects our advertising partners to the buying power of this audience, while serving and celebrating the vibrant Hispanic communities where we work.
Telemundo Minneapolis is the Spanish-language home of the Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and high-profile programming and news, and we are looking for a passionate, competitive, business development Sales Manager to lead our efforts in the Twin Cities.
Applicant must be a self-starter who has a strong knowledge of prospecting, information gathering, and closing business. This position requires a person who can develop and maintain strong client and community relationships.
- Represent Telemundo Minneapolis in the business community by attending local events and build relationships with key decision makers.
- Secure appointments with prospective advertisers through cold calling and self-generating lead activities to create new advertising revenue.
- Create and present customized sales presentations and proposals, while successfully closing negotiations.
- Manage client relationships, sales processes, and account maintenance; works closely with Production and Traffic departments.
- Work with Marketing department to develop client creative campaigns and sponsorship opportunities.
- Communicate sales activities with General Manager and report on sales metrics, forecasts, budget variance and other key sales metrics.
- Maintain and develop strategy regarding rates and budgets.
- Direct local sales effort. Manage local sales team and provide training and resources. Attract, hire, and develop new sales talent.
- Minimum of 2 years in media sales experience preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Great networking skills.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and previous experience with traffic programs such as OSI or WideOrbit.
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy, and self-motivated.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com