Website Nexstar Media Group
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. seeks an experienced television professional to serve as Vice President & General Manager of the KOIN-CBS, KRCW-CW as well as all digital, mobile and social assets associated with KOIN.com in the Portland DMA (#22).
KOIN and KRCW are in the KOIN Center, a 30-story building in the heart of Portland’s downtown financial and business community.
The stations serve viewers in 26 total counties in the Pacific Northwest; 21 counties are in the state of Oregon and 5 counties are Washington State.
A tech boom, professional sports, and easy access to beautiful coastlines and majestic mountains and forests are just a few of the reasons why people are drawn to the Pacific Northwest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of general management experience and will be professional, driven advocate of local broadcasting with proven success in leading revenue and ratings/digital metrics.
This job will require exemplary leadership, strategic vision with focused execution and an understanding of how to be hyper-local and a thoughtful community leader.
In addition to having a proven track record of managing high performing sales and news teams, the successful candidate must be effective in collaborating with all department heads and promoting teamwork within all areas of the station’s operations.
An ability to engage local community leaders and develop long-term relationships with key station clients will round out the best candidates.
· Minimum of five years of experience as a successful General Manager for a commercial broadcast station
· Significant depth of sales management experience in leading and driving sales revenue growth in broadcast and digital. Special emphasis on New Local Direct revenue growth, including self-created non-traditional revenue success and sports and community sponsorships.
· A proven track record in providing professional, demonstrative leadership in developing a leadership team and promoting collaboration and teamwork among all station departments.
· The vision and ability to enact short- and long-term development of the stations’ digital and mobile platforms
· Track record of success in maintaining a focus on the bottom line
· Broad range of programming experience with an emphasis on localism is essential.
· Nexstar seeks a stakeholder – someone who is engaging, promotes good citizenship and wants to make a positive impact on the community
If you are interested in joining America’s leading broadcast company and making an impact, you are encouraged to apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.