Nexstar Inc., America’s largest local broadcasting company, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President & General Manager for KRON4-MyNetwork, as well as all digital, mobile and social assets associated with KRON4.com and KRON-On OTT platform in the San Francisco DMA (#6).
The ideal candidate will utilize their proven skillsets and demonstrable experience in leading broadcast operational teams with sales-driven organizations, developing locally originated content, and commitment to community service to further propel KRON’s linear, digital and OTT leadership position in the market.
The KRON broadcast center is located in the heart of San Francisco which is famous for scenic beauty, cultural attractions, diverse communities and world-class cuisine.
Landmarks include the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, Chinatown, Union Square, the Bay Bridge, North Beach, the Castro district and Mission Dolores.
This iconic station serves nine (9) counties with a diverse population across the Bay Area.
KRON is the Bay Area’s Local News station.
Our talented journalists produce more news than any other station in the market- a total of 136 hours of live local linear & digital news per week including prime time newscasts.
With significant growth and momentum on all linear & digital platforms- the right candidate will grow KRON’s leadership position.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have a track record of high performance in developing revenue across multiple platforms, promoting teamwork within all station departments and prior success in maintaining a focus on operational efficiencies and growth in programming performance and new local revenue generation.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years of general management experience at a commercial broadcast television station with accompanying digital assets.
• The right fit for this position will be a seasoned and knowledgeable professional who is a driven advocate of local broadcasting and digital service to the community in which they have previously served.
• This position requires a leader with exemplary strategic vision, focused execution, and a verified understanding of local outreach and thoughtful community involvement.
• In addition to having a proven track record of managing high-performing sales, and news teams, the successful candidate must be effective in collaborating with department heads, staff members and promoting teamwork within all areas of station operations, preferably with oversight of a large staff.
• The ability to engage local community leaders and develop long-term relationships with key station clients is essential.
If you are interested in joining the executive ranks of Nexstar Inc.’s operational leadership team, and making an impact in the nation’s 6th largest DMA, you are encouraged to apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers/
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset.
For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.