Website Weather Group Television
The Weather Channel Television Network
As The Weather Channel television network, we have heightened focus on innovation, first-class storm coverage and hyper-localized weather information available through our various TV platforms including: The Weather Channel, Local Now and Pattrn. For more than 30 years, The Weather Channel television network has inspired viewers to explore, investigate and appreciate the experience of weather in all its forms.
We are one of the most widely distributed television networks and the leader in severe weather coverage, providing the most comprehensive real-time programming of any media outlet, with trusted meteorologists who analyze, forecast and report the weather.
Weather is inherently fascinating, and we share our passion through the stories we tell to our audiences through our programming. The more our viewers engage with us, the more our stories illuminate how weather impacts almost everything.
We’re always looking for new talent to keep us on top like someone incredible to fill the job listed here.
The Senior Finance Manager (SFM) is dedicated solely to Allen Media Broadcasting Holding Corporation and its management team. The position will work closely with the TV station group’s business managers, senior managers, and department heads in providing financial management and business planning support. The SFM will report directly to the Weather Group’s Director of Finance and have a dotted line responsibility to the Corporate Controller.
Responsibilities will include month end close, disbursement approvals, debt compliance, cash flows, annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and financial analysis. This position will serve as the financial expert for Allen Media Broadcasting on station financials and will be a proactive catalyst for change, while also supporting the stations in the achievement of their financial objectives. This role will also play an integral part of the planning process by playing a key role in the budgeting and forecasting. This role provides a great opportunity for cross functional exposure as the position interfaces with several teams at multiple levels across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an expert in partnerships with Allen Media Broadcasting and TV stations.
• Play a significant and influential role in business decisions pertaining to the stations by anticipating executive management and stations informational needs.
• Develop thorough business case models to justify and prioritize potential investments; assess operational and financial performance of projects and investments.
• Track capital projects and assist in developing capital requests.
• Coordinate periodic re-forecast efforts with business managers and department heads.
• Assist in the monthly close as well as produce and publish monthly financial reports.
• Prepare company level analysis and reports, as appropriate.
• Work with Accounting and station business managers to assist in management close and reporting processes.
• Work with appropriate leaders to manage headcount reconciliation process.
• Review monthly departmental financials with department heads.
• Thoroughly understand the company’s accounting policies, procedures, and methodologies and support communication of them to the internal organization.
• Identify opportunities to improve business, accounting and budgeting processes, policies and methodologies; implement improvements.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
• MBA or CPA.
• 10-15 years of diverse experience in corporate finance, accounting, or business; experience within a media company (TV station group experience preferred).
• Understanding of and familiarity with financial reporting and analysis, accounting, sales/traffic and payroll systems.
• 7-9 years of experience in a partnership role between finance and other departments, experience within a media company (TV station group experience preferred).
• Experience working with Enterprise Performance Management systems and ERPs; experience with Host Analytics a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated capability in financial metrics (e.g. ROI, IRR, NPV), reporting and modeling (e.g., sensitivity scenarios).
• Extensive planning and budget capability, to include capital planning.
• Knowledge of advanced MS Excel skills.
• Ability to analyze and conceptualize strategically.
• Ability to present information in unique and understandable ways to a diverse audience.
• Ability to work closely with business managers, general manager, department heads and Weather Group executives to define issues and business needs to influence change; very strong business acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and react to spontaneous changes in priorities.
• Ability to see the big picture while also willing to work at detail level.
• Interpersonal skills to work with all levels of customers.
• Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills.
• Capability to use change management to improve business performance.
• Self-directed and driven to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
• Demonstration of proactively identifying and resolving partner group’s financial challenges and opportunities.
• Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback openly and objectively.
• Ability to express views in a diplomatic manner while also being able to challenge others and influence change.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.