Website WHBQ-TV / Cox Media Group
Build the Future of Media @ CMG
The Master Control Operator is responsible for executing playback of programming and commercials through iTX Automation. Responsible for the oversight of multiple Television stations at one time including signal monitoring, Transmitter remote control operation and FCC/FAA compliance logging.
WHBQ Television is interviewing for a Master Control Operator. The Master Control Operator is responsible for:
- Proper operation of all program channels to ensure continued and seamless program delivery.
- Observation of all video pictures and audio quality.
- Monitoring and Operating transmitter remote control systems.
- Satellite and distributor-based file recordings and preparation for automation playback.
- Consultation with programming/traffic department and/or Operations management representatives when scheduled programs are not available for broadcast, or when live events require a change in program schedule.
- Clear and concise documentation of problems.
- Coordination with various production personnel during live shows.
- Tuning of Microwave, Satellite and LiveU for News use.
You must be very detail oriented with good communication skills, able to perform multiple tasks and work independently as well as with others. You must also be available to work any shift for a 24/7/365 operation, including weekends, overnights, and holidays.
Duties include on-air operating of both analog and digital television equipment, recording and ingesting of commercials and programs, operating video tape recorders, computer controlled equipment and satellite receivers in a highly complex technical environment. Basic computer literacy is required.
Duties also include monitoring and previewing playlists to ensure that all assets are ready for broadcast as scheduled, evaluating the technical quality of content and assure standards are being met. Duties also include managing on-air logs, automation playlists and server-based computer systems, submitting discrepancy reports regarding scheduling, traffic and on-air irregularities, ensuring closed captioning is accurate and broadcast maintains FCC requirements, reporting equipment problems to Engineering and performing emergency workarounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Broadcast or technical training preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer operation, including Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Prior 2 year experience in a television Master Control environment
- General knowledge of FCC and EAS rules and requirements.
- Experience with basic digital TV systems and monitoring equipment including scopes, professional picture monitors and multi-channel audio monitor equipment.
- Experience operating television automation record and playback and video server systems.
- Knowledge of modern transcoding systems such as FlipFactory, Vantage and others preferred
- Experience with UPS, emergency generators and power systems preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure and be fast to get station back on air when problems occur.
- Must be a team player able to communicate with other operators, management and station personnel.
- Must be able to work without supervision on a regular basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxmediagroup.com.