Website WRNN TV
RNN has an opening for a “hands on” Broadcast Systems Engineer to support and maintain the master control and studio facilities located in Cherry Hill, NJ. Additionally, the Engineer would assist in maintaining RF transmitter facilities for the company.
The Broadcast Systems Engineer will work under the direction of the VP of Operations. This Engineer must be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously to install, maintain and repair Broadcast HD video and audio equipment, Windows networking environments and assist with the design, specifications, documentation, oversight and installation of all systems and equipment for the facility. This includes server based playout systems, production switchers, cameras, routers, MPEG encoders and decoders, automation, data networks and transmission equipment.
– Previous experience maintaining broadcast equipment and associated IT systems in a studio environment is required with experience specifically related to Broadcast automation systems, routers, video storage devices, SAN and NAS storage, troubleshooting and repair.
– Solid understanding of SDI, HD-SDI, and ASI signals and standards. Digital video signal processing and effective troubleshooting of broadcast systems signal paths.
– Ability to provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD/Visio documentation on all work performed
– Ability to terminate broadcast and IT related cables.
– Knowledge of UHF & VHF solid state transmitters and related RF design a plus.
– Prior experience with supporting enterprise level broadcast IT infrastructure. Video streaming and video over IP broadcast distribution infrastructure. Experience supporting 10 GBE LAN/WAN infrastructure, routing, switching, VLANs, etc., and the associated protocols.
– Work with the VP of Operations, Director of Engineering, Director of IT and Operations Manager to effectively manage the planning, design, installation and repair of all broadcast, production and internet systems and equipment.
– Lead and manage assigned projects from conceptual stage through to launch including managing successful build out and commissioning.
– Keep the stations compliant with the FCC Rules and Regulations, as well as related local, state and federal regulations including maintaining all EAS monthly logs for multiple stations.
– Work with DOE to help keep television transmission systems fully operational.
– Participate in all engineering and technical projects including evaluate, recommend/select, install, service, and maintain new and existing broadcast and information technology systems.
– Provided effective communication on a frequent basis with all other departments.
– Generate new and update existing engineering block diagrams, design documentation, and Standard Operating Procedures for various broadcast technical systems.
– Strive to develop innovative solutions using state of the art enterprise level systems architecture serving complex broadcast and digital media applications and operational challenges.
– Possible occasional travel to remote facilities and transmitter sites.
– Ability to work extended hours as needed, may include overnight and weekends.
2-4 Years college EE, Military or Tech School Required
5 years working knowledge of Broadcast Station Operations Required
3 years Broadcast Maintenance Required
2 years hands-on experience with AutoCAD or Visio Required.
FCC or SBE certification preferred
Be able to read and understand technical materials
Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
Note: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities other duties may be assigned.
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
JOB CLASS: Staff
LOCATION: Cherry Hill, NJ
To apply for this job please visit www.rnntv.com.