Fox O&Os Set Impeachment Hearing Coverage
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff will open the impeachment hearings Wednesday into Trump’s pressure on Ukraine to investigate Democratic rival Joe Biden’s family. Big questions loom, including how strongly officials connected what Trump called that “favor” to U.S. military aid to Ukraine.
Impeachable offenses? Worthy of Trump’s removal? And critically, will a pair of diplomats and their accounts nudge more Americans behind impeaching the nation’s 45th president?
It’s all unfolding at 10 a.m. in a pillared House chamber, in the shadow of the 2020 presidential and congressional elections.
The Fox-owned stations are developing different approaches to coverage involving a mix of websites, social media platforms and duopolies (in cities where Fox has a second station). Here’s an overview:
- WTTG is staying with regular news/Good Day DC and daytime programming. WTTG will do live reports on the hearing within newscasts. WTTG will also run a crawl throughout the day with information/developments on the impeachment hearings.
- WDCA will air Fox’s Level 2 coverage of the impeachment hearings in its entirety.
- Fox 5 Live, Digital will be live starting at 9 a.m. on both Wednesday and Friday from the Fox5 Live Newsroom Studio. The interactive newscasts will provide viewers with real time analysis and social media engagement. The coverage will be hosted by Fox5 Political Reporter/Anchor, Tom Fitzgerald. He will be live with two guests representing the right and left. Viewers can weigh in live with their tweets, which will run on the bottom of the screen via Tag board — throughout livestream coverage. Fox5 Live will be streamed on the following platforms: Fox5DC.com, Fox5 DC Facebook page, Fox5 DC Twitter page.
- WNYW and WWOR are not carrying it live on air. WNYW will stream it live on https://www.fox5ny.com/
- KTTV will keep Good Day LA and dip into extended clips of impeachment hearings as part of the broadcast while still providing weather, traffic updates and local headlines.
- KTTV will toss to digital, and Fox News Channel for entire hearings.
- KTTV is discussing potential use of duopoly station KCOP as a place to show the entire level2.
- WFLD plans on taking thefeed from the Level 2 special report of the impeachment hearings over the air and digitally Wednesday.
- WFLD will monitor events during the day, and will break back to programming if there are breaks or opportunities.
- WFLD will monitor the events of Wednesday and then decide on the plan for Friday’s coverage. There is a good chance WFLD will carry it on Fox 32 again, as well.
- On Wednesday, WTXF will carry the opening statements of the impeachment hearing on air.
- Once the opening statements conclude, WTXF will alert viewers that they can watch the testimony live on the website, Fox29.com and the station’s Facebook page. WTXF will also alert viewers that Fox News Channel is carrying the testimony live.
- KTVU will be taking the public impeachment hearings uninterrupted on duopoly station, KTVU Plus.
- KTVU will also stream the hearings on Facebook and the station’s website when not streaming news.
- KTVU will be dipping into the hearings as needed and will have extended coverage as part of its newscasts.
- KRIV will air the impeachment hearings in their entirety.
- WAGA intends to carry live coverage of the impeachment hearings as provided by the network. That coverage is currently scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on Wednesday. WAGA’s plan at this point is to carry the entirety of the hearings, although, if there is an extended break in the noon hour, the station will produce an abbreviated noon newscast while the hearings are in recess.
- KUTP will air Fox News Level-2 cut-ins on both Wednesday and Friday. In addition, the station’s streaming service (Fox News Now) will stream all impeachment proceedings in their entirety.
- On both Wednesday and Friday, WTVT will take the Fox coverage starting at 10 a.m. ET
- WTVT plans to do a noon newscast (sliding hour) whenever the proceedings break for lunch and will continue the coverage in the afternoon.
- WTVT will also be streaming the testimony at https://www.fox13news.com/
- WJBK plans to take the Fox Level 2 coverage live in full on Wednesday and Friday.
- The station will stream the entire impeachment hearing on its digital platforms, both Facebook and https://www.fox2detroit.com/
- KMSP will air the hearings, moving its newscasts to WFTC.
- WOFL plans to carry the Wednesday and Friday hearings in its entirety, at Fox35Orlando.com and on the Fox 35 News app.
- WJZY is planning on taking the Level 2 cut-ins on Wednesday and Friday. If it is still going on at 5 p.m., it will run its newscast, then dip into hearing coverage.
- KTBC plans to carry the hearings live on Wednesday and Friday and stream them on the station’s Facebook page.
- KTBC will also have some of the station’s regular political analysts on live in the 5 p.m. and/or 6 p.m. newscasts.
- KDFW will be live streaming the coverage on the station’s Facebook page.