National Cable Television Cooperative and Katz Networks Set Long-Term Affiliations
The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) and Katz Networks, part of The E.W. Scripps Co., have a multi-year affiliation agreement that makes Katz’s multicast networks Bounce, Court TV, Court TV Mystery, Grit, Laff and the streaming-service Brown Sugar available for carriage by NCTC’s more than 750 broadband and cable operators serving all 50 states.
“We’re thrilled to strike this agreement with NCTC and we look forward to building strong partnerships with their members,” said Jeffrey Wolf, chief distribution officer, Katz Networks.
The Katz Networks are targeted, demo-specific brands available on over-the-air, cable, satellite television, via over-the-top services, on mobile devices and on the web:
- Bounceis a multi-platform African American network and features a programming mix of original series and movies, off-network series, theatrical motion pictures, specials, live sports and events and more.
- Court TVis devoted to live, gavel-to-gavel coverage, in-depth legal reporting and expert analysis of the nation’s most important and compelling trials.
- Court TV Mysteryreaches women 25-54 with a brand of programming anchored in stories of true-crime and mystery.
- Grittargets men 25-54 with a lineup of western and action movies and series.
- Laffis devoted to comedy around-the-clock and presents contemporary off-network sitcoms and popular movies geared toward an audience of adults 18-49.
- Brown Sugaris the popular streaming service featuring the biggest collection of iconic African American movies available.