Boris FX Rolls Out New Silhouette Paint Plugin
According to Borix FX, its new Boris FX Silhouette Paint is the first cross-platform, cross-host product to offer Mocha-tracked non-destructive repeatable paint for the post-production industry’s most popular video applications.
Host support includes Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk Flame, Blackmagic Design Resolve and Fusion, and Foundry Nuke. The subscription-based model starts at $195 per year.
Silhouette Paint offers 32-bit high dynamic range paint tools for tasks such as matte painting, beauty work, touch-ups, marker removal, and more. Its non-destructive Auto Paint stroke system uses interactive pressure-sensitive artistic control at any resolution. Artists can add hundreds of paint strokes. In addition, artists can easily track and mask paint effects with built-in Mocha planar motion tracking.
“Silhouette Paint fills two important gaps. The world’s most renowned visual effects teams, who have relied on Silhouette’s superior paint and rotoscoping tools as a standalone application, can now access those same tools as a plugin inside the industry’s leading video applications,” says Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “This new workflow helps streamline the overall post-production process. It also introduces Silhouette to an entirely new generation thanks to the plugin’s wallet-friendly price. YouTube and Instagram content creators can now access the same paint tools used on Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters.”
Silhouette Paint Highlights:
- Paint Tools: 16 pressure-sensitive and customizable brushes including Clone, Blemish, Grain, Repair, Drag, and more.
- Fast & Non-Destructive Paint: Optimized to handle hundreds of brush strokes at high resolutions without a performance penalty.
- Auto Paint Recording System: Automatic recording of paint events with selective brush stroke playback delivers the speed of a raster-based paint system with the flexibility of vector paint.
- Powerful Motion Tracking: Multiple tracking options including point, planar, and integrated Mocha tracking for rock-solid tracks.
- Channels & Detail Separation: Paint on individual RGBA channels or choose to work on separated detail and color layers for advanced control.
- Sophisticated Cloning: Advanced transform and warping, color grading, onion skin, and multiple compare modes enable a streamlined workflow for aligning, patching, and removing unwanted pixels.
- Roto Assisted Paint: Rotoscoped and tracked shapes assist in limiting where paint strokes are applied.
- Operating Systems: macOS, Windows, and Linux