Live Media Group Creates National Footprint
Live Media Group Holdings (LMGH) today announced that TNDV: Television, Harb Production Services and Coastal Media Group will join its live production business portfolio effective immediately.
LMGH said the acquisitions “will create the largest mid-level, full-service live production facilities provider and company in the broadcast and live event industry.”
The three companies join Live Mobile Group, an owned and operated division of Live Media Group Holdings.
The acquisitions were driven by Brad Sexton, LMGH president-CEO, who wanted to create a national full-service, mid-level broadcast provider and production option.
The strategy more than triples Live Mobile Group’s fleet of production and uplink trucks, and expands the company’s business and technical staff with a diverse group of live production, systems integration and event management experts.
Out of the gate, the consolidated company will consist of 18 mid-sized production hybrid units, with additional standalone smaller production uplink units.
The expanded Live Media Group Holdings portfolio brings the following specialized companies and services together:
- Live Mobile Group: A premier, full-service, mid-size truck provider for sports, entertainment and music, offering mid-size 38×42-foot hybrid expando production and transmission units.
- TNDV: A full-service provider of 38×53-foot mobile production and audio facilities, as well as production and secondary services for broadcast television, live entertainment and AV-related productions including entertainment, corporate, worship and higher education.
- Harb Production Services: A supplier of state-of-the-art, mid-sized 40×45-foot single and double expando production trucks, equipment and integration services to support sports, entertainment and other live event productions.
- Coastal Media Group: A live event management services company specializing in fiber and satellite transmission, insert studios, control rooms and editorial facilities on the West Coast.
- Live Media Group: Offering a true turnkey approach for the creative, production, encoding/transmission and broadcast of live events on any scale for entertainment, music and sports.
Live Media Group Holdings said it will retain the staff, facilities and structure of all the organizations. Los Angeles will serve as a West Coast production and truck operation, with plans to relocate its corporate operations to TNDV’s headquarters in Nashville. The Harb Production Services facility in Knoxville, Tenn., will serve as a truck operations and integration facility.
Sexton adds that “all companies will continue to operate under their current business names for the time being,” citing the strength of their brands, expert engineering execution and professional reputations.
“We have long recognized the value of strategic partnerships in the live production world and have been actively seeking complementary companies to join our team,” said Sexton. “TNDV has built a national presence with an impressive roster of high-profile projects, clients and mid-to-large-sized production trucks. TNDV has a sterling reputation, with very strong relationships across the media and entertainment industry. I have worked with Harb Production Services for a number of years, and Danny Harb and his team bring a rare level of technical integration and engineering that matches the premium quality of their trucks and superior engineering services. Finally, Coastal Media Group expands our footprint in the active Los Angeles live production broadcast market while strengthening our portfolio of multi-site broadcasting, live streaming, uplink and backhaul services to our network operation center for secure and reliable transmission.”
Danny Harb, president of Harb Production Services, will join the expanded management team and sit on the LMGH board of directors.
“Having always focused on exceptional mobile units, cost-efficient integration and superior engineering expertise, we have serviced every client need and grown our relationships exponentially over the years,” said Harb. “By joining forces, we look forward to providing our clients with expanded services and sharing our expertise with every member of the new team. Our experience integrating 1080p and 4K into our existing fleet of trucks will prove especially valuable for the combined client base.”
Nic Dugger, president of TNDV: Television, will also join the LMGH management team and sit on the board.
Bob Adler, president of Coastal Media Group has helped power some of the largest broadcasts in the world, providing services to clients such as 24 Hours of Climate Reality, Echo Entertainment, the NFL Channel and CBS College Sports Network. The company specializes in full production services with an emphasis on transmission capabilities and data center deliverables. This includes a Network Operation Center that also provides full encoding and streaming services for many sports and entertainment partners.