Magid: New NextGen TV Marketing Campaign Resonates With Consumers
New NextGen TV advertising, with a debut introduction in late 2020 on local television stations, is resonating strongly with consumers, according to new research.
The marketing campaign began in November 2020 and ran through the holiday season in six U.S. markets, with local stations airing spots declaring that “the future of television has arrived.” The campaign used high-tech ads created by Hothouse in Atlanta, which directed viewers to explore more information on WatchNextGenTV.com.
Recent research conducted by Magid in conjunction with the Pearl TV business group tested the new marketing campaign on the service delivering live, over-the-air TV.
The research found:
- 1 in 4 of respondents were aware of a new service called NextGen TV.
- 73% of respondents reacted positively to the TV spots with virtually no negative reaction.
- 60% of the consumers who viewed the ads responded that they are likely to purchase a TV that has NextGen TV technology within the next year.
Pearl TV Managing Director Anne Schelle, said: “The six-market campaign, which focused on cities with a strong mix of NextGen TV stations, reached viewers with a sustained effort over the holiday season. Stations contributed time to air more than 8,000 commercials to this multi-million dollar campaign. This effort reveals not only the value of NextGen TV, but the differentiation that consumers perceive. In particular, consumers find the upgradability of the technology and new audio functionality to be very attractive. The Dolby Audio System with immersive movie theater quality sound and Voice + dialogue enhancement for consistent volume from channel to channel along with the interactive possibilities of NextGen TV were key drivers for these consumers.”
COVID-19 also affected the rise of internet-connected TV in the past year, broadening its appeal to viewers. “As consumers are spending more time than ever on their connected TV, their desire for more options and interactive content has grown,” said Katie Larson, Magid VP of brand strategy and innovation. “NextGen TV’s key features align well with this shift in consumer viewing habits.”
The research showed these elements stand out as strong differentiators for NextGen TV:
- Voice + dialogue enhancement for intelligibility and clarity that lets you hear every voice clearly.
- Consistent volume from channel to channel.
- Upgradable as new services are rolled out over time.
- Interactive content that lets viewers get the most out of news, sports and events.